JSON Cmd to TALK... doesn't exist... does it?

Matt L.

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was going to setup a JSON script routine to read my arduinos via com port since com ports do little to BI, however, I noted the JSON command list isn't quite comprehensive. In fact, the "talk" command isn't listed in the context drop downs, only shown on the UI control panel. ... Just got back from checking the wwwserver, it has no talk functionality. I don't want to hunker down, find the lil mic icon (cursor only, no kb, cant tab there, no kb shortcut) each time I pick up and hold my mic in my hand. For now that will have to do... the audio sucks from mobile device... which means there HAS to be a command as it uses JSON!

Provided that it's lacking there, I may not delve into JSON. Sorry, crumby mood....

wayner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What exactly are you trying to do - have text to speech on various events? If you don't mind using AWS and the cloud you can do this using Amazon Polly - in 47 voices and 24 languages.

Matt L.

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Cameras have audio out ports. Blue iris has a talk button that is denoted with a microphone. I want JSON/Webserver/commmandline, whatever access to it. The only other place I see it is in the blueiris mobile app. Not the webserver, not even UI2.