Junction Boxes for Dahua Bullet Cameras,,, can I get smaller

dinsey

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there,

It appears that Dahua bullet cameras have either 3 holes or 4 holes to mount the cameras.

I have both the HFW8231E-Z5E and HFW5431EP-ZE.

The recommended way to install is with PFA 121:

PFA 122 i think is smaller but has the triangle d 3 hole config.

I have purchased this but the mount looks huge, it overshadows the camera.
Any suggestions for a smaller junction box. I know have to be practical in that it needs to keep the tails inside etc but should still get them in a smaller one.

I have seen the Hikvisions with a smaller junction boxs, if i cannot get a Dahua one, any suggestions.....

Thanks

Parm

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
What are you mounting the camera/box to? Can you not flush mount the camera directly to the surface (no junction box) and push the wiring through the hole on the structure you are mounting the camera to?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi there,

It appears that Dahua bullet cameras have either 3 holes or 4 holes to mount the cameras.

I have both the HFW8231E-Z5E and HFW5431EP-ZE.

The recommended way to install is with PFA 121:

PFA 122 i think is smaller but has the triangle d 3 hole config.

I have purchased this but the mount looks huge, it overshadows the camera.
Any suggestions for a smaller junction box. I know have to be practical in that it needs to keep the tails inside etc but should still get them in a smaller one.

I have seen the Hikvisions with a smaller junction boxs, if i cannot get a Dahua one, any suggestions.....

Thanks

Parm
FYI - iirc the PFA 121 122 bases are the same size...

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Parm,

I see you're in the UK but oftentimes these long-time brands (Hubbell, Bell, Thomas & Betts, Raco, etc.) are found world-wide and look like the box at bottom. They can be had in PVC or cast aluminum in white (PVC only, I think) and white, dark brown and silver (metallic). They are very reasonably priced, IMO.

Look here for additional mounting, cover and orientation info ==>> Bullet Camera Mounting Box

PRB57550WH.jpg PRB57550.jpg cam-mount-2_sm.jpg

bug99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
wouldn't it be nice is the manufactures made most of the models with a base that is 1cm deeper so that one did not need a box if they didn't want one. just say-n.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
These bullet has bit more cables than the normal bullet.
Right now some dahua bullet use PFA130-E, it has only 2 cable, one RJ45 cable, and one DC Power line.
The bullet you have has audio, alarm input/out put cables, need more space.

dinsey

n3wb
Reaction score
What are you mounting the camera/box to? Can you not flush mount the camera directly to the surface (no junction box) and push the wiring through the hole on the structure you are mounting the camera to?
Hi, It will be mounted to a brick wall. Pushing into cement of the brick means a largeer whole. More work to keep the tails waterproof.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, It will be mounted to a brick wall. Pushing into cement of the brick means a largeer whole. More work to keep the tails waterproof.
That is the compromise - either a big @$$ junction box or a larger hole that the camera covers up...