Just a little hello after freezing rain.

GuiBou

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
:p

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
No part of that looks fun at all. Coming from a person who has been in snow maybe 5 times ever.

GuiBou

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No part of that looks fun at all. Coming from a person who has been in snow maybe 5 times ever.
Ho...well you get used to it. Snow is a lot better to deal with than ice.

My parents now go three months a year in your part of the world.... :)

GuiBou

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
please do tell how you eliminating a lot of the wind noise.
I still have a lot of wind noise. The camera is under the roof on the "soffit"...I can't really block all the wind. It's often windy here :(

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
cut and tape a styrofoam packing peanut over the mic hole if your having wind noise issues.. it'll help alot and reduce sensitivity only slightly.

now that I think about it more; try hotglue to adhere the peanut and would make it look alot better and blend in.. just dont hotglue the audio pickup hole.

Ive had to drive through the last two snow storms through the mountains, that was a high stress situation.. but it was snow, ice woulda been suicide.. dont get much ice here unless its from a bunch of melting snow.

Last edited:

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just had blizzard few days ago a Colorado low now an Alberta Clipper tomorrow. Snow banks are 7 feet along streets make it hard to drive into traffic. I wish we had more even more snow but, not liking the -25f we just had although as it keeps the zombie movement down to nil for a few months.

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
cut and tape a styrofoam packing peanut over the mic hole if your having wind noise issues.. it'll help alot and reduce sensitivity only slightly.

now that I think about it more; try hotglue to adhere the peanut and would make it look alot better and blend in.. just dont hotglue the audio pickup hole.

Ive had to drive through the last two snow storms through the mountains, that was a high stress situation.. but it was snow, ice woulda been suicide.. dont get much ice here unless its from a bunch of melting snow.
Around here, ice storm translates into "Keep your ass at home". Too many knuckle heads will be on the road.