Just a quick one....

Reaction score

Not sure what spooked it...

and with that-- I went to this camera (4mp, 1/3 sensor) and it NEVER TRIGGERED.....
grrrrrr... it was walking right through a zone. I have BI take a pic every 10 minutes-- by chance that pic caught the deer in the street. You can see the shadow more than the deer.

1595541595178.png

will be testing new trigger zones and setting with that tonight....

Last edited:

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
Catching animals is nice but make sure you can catch/trigger someone in a hoodie successfully. After all, these are surveillance cameras, I would rather miss the deer but capture a prowler :)

Reaction score
Catching animals is nice but make sure you can catch/trigger someone in a hoodie successfully. After all, these are surveillance cameras, I would rather miss the deer but capture a prowler :)
Exactly--- both cams are 2.8mm lenses... That deer was right next to my mailbox-- 2 feet away. Some punk kid could have put some fireworks in that thing, & the b&w cam would not have caught it. I redrew all my trigger zones and rules today, and I just adjusted for a little more brightness in the image. I hope that doesn't jack up my motion quality-- shouldn't at 1/100 shutter speed. We will find out. :)

BTW-- I initially put cams in to capture neighborhood deer as much as anything else! Love seeing those ghosts of the night....as long as they stay out of my garden.

Reaction score

Not sure what spooked it...

and with that-- I went to this camera (4mp, 1/3 sensor) and it NEVER TRIGGERED.....
grrrrrr... it was walking right through a zone. I have BI take a pic every 10 minutes-- by chance that pic caught the deer in the street. You can see the shadow more than the deer.

View attachment 67022

will be testing new trigger zones and setting with that tonight....
Why was it alone aren't they usually in a pack?

Reaction score
Exactly--- both cams are 2.8mm lenses... That deer was right next to my mailbox-- 2 feet away. Some punk kid could have put some fireworks in that thing, & the b&w cam would not have caught it. I redrew all my trigger zones and rules today, and I just adjusted for a little more brightness in the image. I hope that doesn't jack up my motion quality-- shouldn't at 1/100 shutter speed. We will find out. :)

BTW-- I initially put cams in to capture neighborhood deer as much as anything else! Love seeing those ghosts of the night....as long as they stay out of my garden.
Should walk out there your self to make your adjustments. I did it that way at my place. I even parked my car out there to get my license plate PTZ camera setup in the right location.