Just installed a Hikvision Color Vu very Impressed

Toan the Moan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just updated one of my cameras to the Hikvision Color Vu. DS -2CD2347G1-LU 2.8MM 4MP NETWORK TURRET CAM
Straight out of the box plug and play, not adjusted any settings yet and It gives a very impressive colour night time image. I live in a remote woodland location so no street lights any where. The night time colour image is impressive not tried it the day light yet. I'm one very happy bunny. Looks like I might be upgrading a couple more now

Toan the Moan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just bought a Dahua eagle 4mp 2.8mm 24/7 colour to try as it was less that half the price of the Hikvision ColorVu, day light images attached, will have some night ones later. This is just an easy access temporary location for testing purposes

Attachments

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Cameras side by side colour is obviously Colour Vu other is a Hilook poe IP infra red camera
Nice. I would be interested to see video of something moving at night. Is there any lighting at all other than IR from the cameras?

Toan the Moan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nice. I would be interested to see video of something moving at night. Is there any lighting at all other than IR from the cameras?
The Hikvision Color Vu has no infrared it does have 2 led lights but they are quite dim, Impressive technology. Dont think the Dahua has IR either will see what happens in an hour it's going dusk here in the bleak UK now. The Dahua only arrived this afternoon

Toan the Moan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well the verdict is Hik vision color Vu, 10 out of 10 for night view. But only 6 out of 10 for day view.
Dahua 5 out of 10 for color night vision. But 8 out of 10 for day view. Hik vision Color Vu for night views but something much cheaper for daylight viewing. Is the Hikvision worth more than twice the price? for night view definitely.

Attachments

Toan the Moan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The images are much brighter in real time than the screen shots I've posted

Toan the Moan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Still pictures prove nothing, moving faces is the only true test.
Still pictures prove nothing, moving faces is the only true test.
Not for me as I only bought this cam to see where my little Jack's were in the grounds and the Hik is by far the better of the two for night view tracking lol
They are screen shots in real time.
I'll try and find some time to do a video test and upload that.
I did watch a few you tube videos on the Hik couldn't find any on the Dahua so just bought one to test myself. This guys a bit drab but a good test I fast forward the boring bits

Last edited:

Toan the Moan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have relocated the Dahua now and am much happier with its night time image. Its led was interfering with the function of the Hikvisions led. They were both pretty close for testing purposes. There is no ambient light no street lights nothing bar it's own night LED'S

Attachments

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Would love to see a video of someone walking up the drive at night to get a feel for motion blur.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Can you post settings on both? Bitrate, exposure, DNR, and any backlight setting

I ask because out of the box set to “Auto” exposure I can make my 5442’s look like daytime at 3 am with ambient light from my driveway coach lights, but as soon as you see the severe blur and noise on any car/human movement , you quickly realize it’s useless.

But if I just wanted to see if my car was still there, but no idea who stole it, yeah it would be fine.

Toan the Moan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can you post settings on both? Bitrate, exposure, DNR, and any backlight setting

I ask because out of the box set to “Auto” exposure I can make my 5442’s look like daytime at 3 am with ambient light from my driveway coach lights, but as soon as you see the severe blur and noise on any car/human movement , you quickly realize it’s useless.

But if I just wanted to see if my car was still there, but no idea who stole it, yeah it would be fine.
Both cameras are set to factory defaults, not had them long enough to decide what if any adjustments to try.
The Hikvision I am currently using to locate and track the dogs in the grounds in the pitch black and it is brilliant. Not noticed any motion blur but I haven't viewed them long enough to discover any issues really

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Just bought a Dahua eagle 4mp 2.8mm 24/7 colour to try as it was less that half the price of the Hikvision ColorVu, day light images attached, will have some night ones later. This is just an easy access temporary location for testing purposes

Um, I may be wrong, but this sure looks to be the one you said you have and matches the picture, and is the only one I see with same specs.
Eagle 4MP Full-Colour Fixed Lens Network Turret Camera (White)
If so, Its only a 1/3" sensor. Not even a close comparison to the ColorVu.

A real comparison would be the DW5442TM-AS-LED
IPC-HDW5442TM-AS-LED

Toan the Moan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Um, I may be wrong, but this sure looks to be the one you said you have and matches the picture, and is the only one I see with same specs.
Eagle 4MP Full-Colour Fixed Lens Network Turret Camera (White)
If so, Its only a 1/3" sensor. Not even a close comparison to the ColorVu.

A real comparison would be the DW5442TM-AS-LED
IPC-HDW5442TM-AS-LED
The post was never intended to be a comparison of the two brands, just my experience and impression of the hikvision color Vu compared to a camera I upgraded it with. I later purchased Dahua eagle which was less that half the price, was it half the camera in my experience well no initial comparisons showed it to out perform the Color Vu in daylight, I was looking for a cheaper alternative that would do the job I needed.
A good review and test of the new Hikvision colour Vu.

Toan the Moan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Cool,
Yeah the Colorvu is impressive I just didnt want new folks thinking that there was any direct comparison to be made between it and an old technology 1/3" sensor cam.
Whether it's a setting I can adjust or need to adjust, but the Dahua eagle has a better day light image than my Hikvision color Vu.

In pitch black darkness, which is what I have here the Hikvision image is superior . Very happy with both purchases now I have relocated the Dahua

Last edited:

camerafool

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The Hikvision Color Vu has no infrared it does have 2 led lights but they are quite dim, Impressive technology. Dont think the Dahua has IR either will see what happens in an hour it's going dusk here in the bleak UK now. The Dahua only arrived this afternoon
HikVision DS-2CD2347G1-LU has IR capability, just doesn't have an IR illuminator (spider attractor).