Just Installed New Dahua - Main Stream Video "Path" is Blank

bgm1911

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm trying to install a new Dahua camera, and cannot figure out why under the network IP camera configuration, the main stream path is blank.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled, verified the GUI is set like my other cameras, read the help file, and searched the web.

The BI 5 help file only states this: "These typically will be populated automatically", but does not offer anything more than that.

The video is present in the GUI and BI.

I cannot copy the path from another camera, as BI goes blank for that camera.

The Make is: Generic/ONVIF and the model is *RTSP (etc)

Need to get my substream setup.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I just tried installing again, and found during Find/inspect that when it hits "requesting device information..." the result is "bad response"

Last edited:

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Check out the following, select Dahua for Make and Model as Main Stream RTSP, then press Find/Inspect... If it finds your Main and sub streams, great...

bgm1911

n3wb
Reaction score
There is something really unusual going on with this camera. As soon as I change the IP with the browser link in the ConfigTool, I'm no longer able to login with any browser.
BI 5 sees the camera and is installed.

I've PM'd Andy.

Thanks.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There is something really unusual going on with this camera. As soon as I change the IP with the browser link in the ConfigTool, I'm no longer able to login with any browser.
BI 5 sees the camera and is installed.

I've PM'd Andy.

Thanks.
What model number of cam?
Reset the cam back to factory defaults with the reset button. Hold it for at least 30 seconds. Then set the cam up fresh, no importing of settings.
Be sure you use either, IE, Chrome with IE tab installed, or Pale Moon 32bit browser.

bgm1911

n3wb
Reaction score
What model number of cam?
Reset the cam back to factory defaults with the reset button. Hold it for at least 30 seconds. Then set the cam up fresh, no importing of settings.
Be sure you use either, IE, Chrome with IE tab installed, or Pale Moon 32bit browser.
Camera is a T5442TM-AS.

Using Chrome has worked.

Thanks!

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What is the local IP of
1) the camera after you change it,
2) your router
3) your browser PC
4) the BI PC

After you change the IP address can you ping it ?

Note Chrome may not display video from some cameras.
===============================
Private ip addresses. Local IP addresses. These addresses are NOT used by the internet. They are for your local home/business network.
10.0.0.0 to 10.255.255.255
172.16.0.0 to 172.31.255.255
192.168.0.0 to 192.168.255.255

Note there is no reason to redact local ip addresses when posting.