Just no hope

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
I just don’t know what’s going on in the world these days. How people can just sit there and do nothing to help another human being. Whether it be to call 911 or press a freaking help button!

The video is in the article . . .

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Active self protection has video after video of by standers doing nothing to help victim's. Hope someone gives this lady some self defense training. Every female should have the training.
I could understand if a child or another small female was in the train. There was no method or technology to ask for help. But in this case lots of people with cell phones to call 911.

Even if we said there was no reception well there’s that freaking HELP button on the wall! Yet people just sat there recording this event like a useless tit.

Just no hope . . .

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
The first problem is that the low life dirt bag that did this shouldn't have been on the street in the first place, long rap sheet for all kind of crime violent and otherwise. The second ptoblem is everyone sitting there making videos of a rape. I'm 73, have been involved in a few things over the years, and can say that a size 14 to his face or knee would have stopped it pretty quickly and decisively. Give that it's Commidelphia, I would probably been charged with assault and battery though while he could sue me, but the satisfaction of stopping a low life like this woud make that worth the trouble.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
The first problem is that the low life dirt bag that did this shouldn't have been on the street in the first place, long rap sheet for all kind of crime violent and otherwise. The second ptoblem is everyone sitting there making videos of a rape. I'm 73, have been involved in a few things over the years, and can say that a size 14 to his face or knee would have stopped it pretty quickly and decisively. Give that it's Commidelphia, I would probably been charged with assault and battery though while he could sue me, but the satisfaction of stopping a low life like this woud make that worth the trouble.
That’s because you’re old guard and live by those silly things like honour, duty, country. I don’t expect anyone to engage a person but when the technology exists to render assistance like the help button.

Come on . . .

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You should all teach your wives girlfriends, significant others, whatever, thumbs. Yes, thumbs. If you have basically no physical fight training, and actively train, then get them trained on this technique. In a fight, the biggest problem is that the victim has no idea how far the aggressor is going. Are they just smacking you once, going to rape you, kill you, what? Well, unless you can read minds, you need to pick the scenario you are fighting and go ahead and escalate ASAP once you are reasonably fear that great bodily harm or death may occur. [insert disclaimer here about laws, yadda, yadda, yadda, and I'm not a lawyer and didn't stay at a Roach Motel last night] Don't wait until you are about to blackout, or are bleeding out. Just stuff both thumbs into their eyes. Painful. Effective. Gross. But, you are still alive, they are now writhing in pain. Take your pick or how to respond.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
You should all teach your wives girlfriends, significant others, whatever, thumbs. Yes, thumbs. If you have basically no physical fight training, and actively train, then get them trained on this technique. In a fight, the biggest problem is that the victim has no idea how far the aggressor is going. Are they just smacking you once, going to rape you, kill you, what? Well, unless you can read minds, you need to pick the scenario you are fighting and go ahead and escalate ASAP once you are reasonably fear that great bodily harm or death may occur. [insert disclaimer here about laws, yadda, yadda, yadda, and I'm not a lawyer and didn't stay at a Roach Motel last night] Don't wait until you are about to blackout, or are bleeding out. Just stuff both thumbs into their eyes. Painful. Effective. Gross. But, you are still alive, they are now writhing in pain. Take your pick or how to respond.
Absolutely - the human body has five kill points or soft tissue areas that can take down anyone. Comes down to how you’re positioned or capable of striking that area. If you are on your stomach on the ground you have very little hope.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
At my age I've come to the conclusion that my first shot has to disable, severely disable, an attacker. Throat, eyes, knees, groin, solar plexus all depending on exactly what's going on.
Yes, other soft tissue areas is grabbing ears and nose. A shot to the kidney, neck, temple.

You strike a person in the zyphode (SP) that hangs at the middle of the rib cage and if you break it.

It’s a really slow death if emergency help can’t be provided. Grabbing a persons thumbs and pulling them back if possible is very painful. You scrape the shins with a long stroke or Achilles a person is going down.

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Train, train, train. Then in that moment feign passivity, enter his space, and dismantle the threat as required. Be quick, and decisive and definitely do not get lulled into a false sense of security that someone else will come to your rescue. This demonstrates they will not. And don't fall in that maze of - this can't be happening, this isn't real blah blah blah. Accept that it is, get motivated and don't stop thinking!

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
Watch this, china is full of this behaviour

This china guy is still around and rape some poor chinese women.
No one cares because he have the money and is protected by ccp ... as always ;) satire .. i mean communism

the true in china (sadly). there are many videos like this out in the www ... i never understand :( ... its a pandemic

View attachment 82fc107f11ec_4791.mp4

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just don’t know what’s going on in the world these days. How people can just sit there and do nothing to help another human being. Whether it be to call 911 or press a freaking help button!
In the "City of Brotherly Love", no less.
But it's happening way too much and too often in too many places....the "I'm not gettin' involved" mentality....but they can sure as Hell video it!

It's very sad when one can say that they're not surprised by such occurrences any more. Life holds no value for many people. I recall my comment on another thread about a video of hawk on a fence that was still grappling with a cat while someone stood there videoing the whole thing instead of intervening.

If someone won't try to help a cat in a dire situation they probably won't try to help another human being. To me, some people are no better that than the dog shit we step in from time to time. :angry:

Last edited:

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Watch this, china is full of this behaviour

This china guy is still around and rape some poor chinese women.
No one cares because he have the money and is protected by ccp ... as always ;) real satire .. i mean communism

the true in china (sadly). there are many videos like this out in the www ... i never understand :( ... its a pandemic

View attachment 105401

:banghead:

Had a few moments to watch both videos and both are truly sad. The only thing that ever comes to mind is just doing the right thing when and where possible. Nobody is expected to a Hero or even physically help another person. But, given the endless possibilities of reaching out to another person to let them know someone is in distress / emergency.

Do something - anything, besides filming or just walking away!

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
Do something - anything, besides filming or just walking away!
according to the www this is normal behaviour in china. the CCP convert human to robots. no feelings, no humanity, no empathy...
just a bunch of robots... the richer chinese seems even worser than that.

hongkong might be different, but mainland china ?
also all mass stabbing in china...

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
according to the www this is normal behaviour in china. the CCP convert human to robots. no feelings, no humanity, no empathy...
just a bunch of robots... the richer chinese seems even worser than that.

hongkong might be different, but mainland china ?
also all mass stabbing in china...

As the article states given the restriction in fire arms its not surprising to see a person use what is available to them. Whether it be a knife, bat, hammer, whatever they have readily at hand. As it relates to mental illness this is an issue shared with a large part of the world.

As it was noted in the article you linked the big difference is the lack of resources to help those in need. While others its not a mental illness vs being really pissed off and wanting to exact revenge for being slated / wronged. All of the above can be found on YouTube that spans every ethnic background from black, blue, green, murple. :facepalm:

Growing up and watching all kinds of Sci-Fi the vast majority of these shows illustrated how Man became enlightened and the main driver for mankind was to go through the universe and help one another.

Unfortunately, our innate ability to continue to do two things right or wrong is: Taking & Killing :(

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
There is some danger to intervening directly:

That said I can see little danger in turning your phone volume down and dialling a discreet 911 keeping the line open. Could talk to another passenger about what train line you're on and what the guy is doing to keep it discreet so the plice can hear without you visibly talking into the phone.

Last edited: