Just notied a line pixilated at the bottom.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi I just notice on the camera at the bottom there is a thin line which looks pixlated.. on Blueiris 5..

Now the question is.. On the camera itself looking from webpage its fine.. It is blueiris seems to be having that..

What can it be Bug ???TE-116.20190608_111027465.jpg

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi I just notice on the camera at the bottom there is a thin line which looks pixlated.. on Blueiris 5..

Now the question is.. On the camera itself looking from webpage its fine.. It is blueiris seems to be having that..

What can it be Bug ???View attachment 43270
Does this occur on live or only recorded video? if only on recorded toggle "also bvr" in the video tab.
if on live try to toggle hardware acceleration and see if it changes.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
upload_2019-6-8_11-20-36.png
\

Seems to be happening on live.. I think And My Hardware accelerated is on it is a Intel 4770k processor.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
I just did the intel on one camera nad it seems to go away on that camera.. Does that mean I use only Intel and not video post proc ?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just did the intel on one camera nad it seems to go away on that camera.. Does that mean I use only Intel and not video post proc ?
Vpp is part of the intel HA but it is not suitable for some camera feeds or processing lots of video. You are best simply leaving it off in this case. There is a release note that explains vpp.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Vpp is part of the intel HA but it is not suitable for some camera feeds or processing lots of video. You are best simply leaving it off in this case. There is a release note that explains vpp.
Ah interesting.. So rite now I am running about 14 camera feed all are 15 fps 1080p..

I have a plan of adding 7-10 more cameras.. So is that almost already reaching the limitation of the 4770k ?

Also I did turn the intell vpp off and back on I mean switch back and fourth and it seems to be fine now..

Not sure what is going on.. But now it is even working with the VPP

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah interesting.. So rite now I am running about 14 camera feed all are 15 fps 1080p..

I have a plan of adding 7-10 more cameras.. So is that almost already reaching the limitation of the 4770k ?

Also I did turn the intell vpp off and back on I mean switch back and fourth and it seems to be fine now..

Not sure what is going on.. But now it is even working with the VPP
Its reaching the limit of vpp (its limited after a specific bitrate total). VPP can actually make things worse under your load. Simply disable vpp.
14 1080p cams at 15fps is nothing for the 4770k. The additional cams will depend on resolution and fps.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Its reaching the limit of vpp (its limited after a specific bitrate total). VPP can actually make things worse under your load. Simply disable vpp.
14 1080p cams at 15fps is nothing for the 4770k. The additional cams will depend on resolution and fps.
Thank you for that information.. I am going to add more cameras and see how this thing handles it..

Apollo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

What can it be Bug ???View attachment 43270
I have the same problem in one of two camera setups from one physical camera. It is in live view, regardless of the window size and it records with the pixelated line. I'm using Intel hardware acceleration.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have the same problem in one of two camera setups from one physical camera. It is in live view, regardless of the window size and it records with the pixelated line. I'm using Intel hardware acceleration.
Have you tried the solutions in this thread?

Apollo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Have you tried the solutions in this thread?
I have now that I'm back on my PC. Here's what I found:

My configuration is one original camera with three cloned cameras for various purposes. The pixelation occurred only on the three cloned cameras.

Changing the hardware acceleration settings on the any of the cloned cameras had no effect. Changing the hardware acceleration on the original camera from Intel to None made the pixelation on all three cloned camera disappear, solving the problem.

Thanks for the tip!

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you switch from Intel+VPP to just Intel, be prepared to redo your motion zones for the modified cams.

"This is a "known issue" as changing that setting actually changes the camera resolution between 1080 and 1088 lines."

Last edited: