Just ordered BV Tech BV-SW800G 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ switch

sunny0101786

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone has experience with this switch?CED89DCC-5F1D-4849-990E-923A816883AB.jpeg BV Tech BV-SW800G 8-Port Gigabit PoE Rackmount Switch, High Power Max Output 130W, IEEE 802.3af/at PoE Plus Standard

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes I have it. I've only had it a short time but it does what a PoE switch should. I'm currently only powering 4 cameras with it. 2 X IPC-HDW5231R-Z and 2 active PoE splitters connected to two non PoE IP cameras that are now PoE due to the splitters.

See my post here where you can see @drunkpenguin also has one.

PoE+ switch for 8 cameras?

See this post for more PoE switch info.

PoE Switch Suggestion List

BillG

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Had one since July out in the garage. Used the rack mounts to hang it under a shelf. Working fine.

GFM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looking for one like this... will likely need it soon. Should do the trick. Helps to see others have good good luck with the unit.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
I have used a few of them I got on amazon, never any issues.

Reactions: GFM

STGMavrick

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can support the BV. Only had mine a week but stays cool, sits in the rack and does it's thing. no issues. 5 cams.

Mr_D

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have the 18 port version. 16 are 10/100 POE for cameras and two are Gigabit for uplinking to my main managed switch. Being fanless means I can keep it in my office with the rest of the gear without driving me crazy. 10/100 is plenty of bandwidth for a camera and unmanaged is fine since it'll only be hosting cameras and I use my managed switch to put them all on the same VLAN. I looked at a lot of switches and too many only had a small number of POE ports, too little power, noisy fans, or just cost more than I wanted to spend.

trucams

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I too have the 16 port version. Only been running for a couple of weeks but no issues. Fanless, screwed to a metal cabinet in a vertical position. 9 cameras connected. Have not found it anymore than slightly warm to the touch.

jaygen

n3wb
Reaction score
Mine just died after 6 years, the green power light now flashes slowly and no output to any cams. I read the internal power supplies on these are grid sensitive, they now make them with an external power supply like a laptop. Those are supposedly better. Just ordered a Netgear switch to try. (GS308EPP)

Last edited: