Just purchased BI, need help with webserver. Going through my mifi

jboro

n3wb
Reaction score

I believe I have all the forwarding done properly but it still will not work.

Internet comes in through my mifi, to a linksys router acting as a wireless bridge, into a powerline adapter, then into my blue iris server. Anyone see any settings that need changed or have any experience with this kinda thing? I already bought the full licensed version of the software and the iOS app, really wanting this to replace my logitech alert system. I have created one user account in blue iris and I can hit the webserver locally on the network, just not from outside the network in. UPnP is enabled on the linksys but do not see an option for it on my mifi.

Thanks
Joe

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@jboro
1) make sure the widnows firewall is not blocking BI
2) have you tested the port with canyouseeme.org? is it open?
3) try a much higher port like 8585 and see if that works.
You dont need upnp, turn it off.

Last edited by a moderator:

jboro

n3wb
Reaction score
Firewall isn't blocking and canyouseeme.org cannot see my port 82. Trying a higher port now. Thanks for the tips.

jboro

n3wb
Reaction score
Just tested a few different ports and canyouseeme cant see any of them.

jboro

n3wb
Reaction score
I thought my mifi may have been blocking it but port filtering doesn't appear to be on.

- - - Updated - - -

Attachments

jboro

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes I am using a Verizon mifi hotspot for my internet provider.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
How were you viewing your logitech cameras remotely?

jboro

n3wb
Reaction score
Bummer. Thanks for the links. Looks like Verizon is blocking it. What to do, what to do....

suppose i I could vpn into my home network, if that isn't blocked.

Anyone have a work around for this situation? Hosting offsite? Was hoping to move away from Logitech alert to this but it's not looking like it's gonna work for me.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I would simply use vpn...its more secure that way anyway...you can get a pretty penny for the logitech cameras on ebay..pickup some hikvision cameras that are significantly superior to the logitechs.
Apparently verizon will provide a public ip address for 500 dollars -thats insane...
You can use something like teamviewer/logmein, but it wont be the same as using the app.
Do you use the jetpack for home internet? is there another provider in the area?

jboro

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes the jetpack is my home internet. I live out in the country, it's either that or super slow DSL.

Thanks for all of your help.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately most cellular providers (at least in the USA) won't give you a public IP address and therefore you can't port forward and accept incoming connections. For my dad's remote site on AT&T the address is in the 10.x.x.x range which is a private address range, so it is a dead giveaway that it is a private address.

For that site to be accessible, I set up a cheap linksys router with Tomato firmware and used it as an OpenVPN client. It connects to an OpenVPN server elsewhere and bridges the remote network into the VPN.