Kids Hanging Out of A Vehicle

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
I think this might be a safety violation. Vehicle is new so it does not have any license plates.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I think this might be a safety violation. Vehicle is new so it does not have any license plates.

Looks like maybe their dad driving.

What are cali's requirements on temporary plates? CO's done away with the handwritten ones and the new ones are laser printed on a heavier plastic like sheet (possibly tyvek) and have to be displayed like a normal license plate. They can't be behind a window anymore. IOTW, they're designed for ALPR.

Mr_D

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Looks like maybe their dad driving.

What are cali's requirements on temporary plates? CO's done away with the handwritten ones and the new ones are laser printed on a heavier plastic like sheet (possibly tyvek) and have to be displayed like a normal license plate. They can't be behind a window anymore. IOTW, they're designed for ALPR.
I read recently that California is finally doing the same. Currently, you leave the dealer with no intensifying plate of any kind, just a paper advertisement for the dealer.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Great stuff as usual, @lulu5kamz !

Yes, IMO several laws in CA are being broken, among them a motor vehicle violation regarding not wearing seat belts (a simple ticket) but the one I'd prefer to see enforced....child endangerment. Now THAT can have some teeth in it, enough so that the driver will likely not do it again.

Xeddog

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Great stuff as usual, @lulu5kamz !

Yes, IMO several laws in CA are being broken, among them a motor vehicle violation regarding not wearing seat belts (a simple ticket) but the one I'd prefer to see enforced....child endangerment. Now THAT can have some teeth in it, enough so that the driver will likely not do it again.
That's a bit harsh man. Didn't you ever hang out a window like that when you were a kid??? That is just part of growing up.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That's a bit harsh man. Didn't you ever hang out a window like that when you were a kid??? That is just part of growing up.
After 31 years working traffic accidents that took out one of my traffic signals, I've seen the results on too many occasions of unrestrained children vs. windshields, door pillars and asphalt. Those are memories I would like to forget but cannot.

Harsh? I don't think so.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
This isn't the first time this family has been seen driving like this. Here is a picture from last month.

No Seat Belts.jpg

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
They probably do it all over the place, not just in your neighborhood.

You keep doing something risky long enough and time after time, your luck will, most likely, run out. For the kids' sakes, let's hope someone in that vehicle comes to their senses or someone from outside that vehicle intercedes before that happens

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
If they came from Asia, that is normal way of doing things, My wife is from the Philippines and I shit my pants every time I have to ride in a cab or a Jeepney there. I grew up on a farm and it was nothing to load us kids in the back of the Pickup and drive into town and get Ice cream, as kids we loved it and My Mom and Dad thought NOTHING of it at all because everybody did it. Try that today around here now and I bet you would not get 5 miles without 20, 911 cell phone calls.

RobertM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
air blowing in their eyes - they appear to be in a constant squint.