Killing Time Testing Camera Placement Dahua and Goswift

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
So I got whacked this week with a case of the shingles on the head and face(NOT FUN) and decided to lay low for a few days, I decided to pull out of my camera stash cams that I want to make use of that I had laying around. Cam 1 is a Goswift that @Sean Nelson from Nelly's Security sent me for evaluation back in 2018, 4mp cam, all testing was done stock in 1080p. Cam 2 is a Small Dahua Ptz SD1A404XB-GNR that @bigredfish sent me winning a contest last year, thank yo both for the free cams, I believe he got that from @EMPIRETECANDY . Time to get to work and throw together a test rig.

THE RIG: my little giant ladder and some clamps.
rig.jpg
I wanted to focus on spots that needed extra coverage, My deck and my outside parking. I have a Uniview 2MP bullet covering my outside garage but where I park outside needed some upclose coverage.

GoSwift Pics of outside garage. GoSwift5.JPG GoSwift6.JPG GoSwift7.JPG

It was totally dark in these pics, The IR from the Uniview can be seen lightning up the background in the Night Pics. I will say that the Goswift is doing a pretty good job for face ID. This is 1080p and is not washing my face out like some of the way more expensive Dahua's do. Nelly's sells the 2mp version of this (R Series) cam for 50 bux, not bad for the $$$ . They are Raysharp cams and I use them with my Dahua NVR's with no issues. I have used them in Commercial applications where a 24/7 no frill cam was the solution.

GoSwift Deck Pics GoSwift1DECK.JPG GoSwift2DECK.JPG GoSwift3DECK.JPG

Again, Totally Dark, just the IR from Swifty, Again I think it did pretty well for what it is. I will be definitively be using this cam in one of the two locations. I think the deck is nudging me but what do you guys think?

Now the PTZ, very cool cam for sure, I did do some testing in the garage with it but had to pull it down and roll up the sleeves. More on that issue later.

PTZ Pics ptz washCapture.JPG PTZTruckDay.JPG stuff.JPG stuff2.JPG

Dahua's smart IR is not so smart at times and because of the height the cam was, it was a battle to get it to work properly as is well documented here. I ended up pulling it down and decided to re-think putting the PTZ in that location. If you saw the last two pictures and wondered what that stuff was at the top of the pictures, You are not alone. When I first look at it I was Like WTF is that.
I now know and it was a big battle to prove what was happening. I will tell you its a reflection from the Glass covering the lens and shiny housing. I searched the form and found another thread about focus issues. I did a little more in-depth with more pics and do not want to re-post here. Here is the link.
Dahau SD1A404XB-GNR going out of focus

I actually had a really good time this weekend effen with this stuff, kept my mind off the Chicken Pox on steroids. Hope you all had a good weekend, P.S. If I knew a year ago what I knew now, I would have gotten the shingles shot.:banghead:

Attachments

Reaction score
So I got whacked this week with a case of the shingles on the head and face
Bummer. Hope you got some good drugs to help out. I had that in Aug 2019 for about 3 weeks. Doc gave me some anti virals and nerve meds so it was not as bad as some have told me. Definitely get the Shingrex shot once you are done with them.

I have the 2MP version of that PTZ. Use them indoors and have not seen the reflection issue.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Not been fun, I ended up getting it in my eye, had to see a emergency eye doc Fri, got cleared from that..but damn the head pain, like somebody driving a ice pick in your ear.yea they gave anti vir and some pills that put you in stupidville.:drool:I will try to pull the top cover and glass off the PTZ and run it without it to try to proove my point, love a good challenge.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Been there, done that too. No fun at all. Good luck with it man.

I didn't even know that you could get it on the face. Karma got me on that one... I swear no more than a week earlier I was driving and heard a commercial for the vaccine. Thought to myself, "Meh.. probably never get that. If I did, no big deal. Little rash on my sides. Who needs that?" BOOM! ; ) Mine was bad. Still have a tiny bit of numbness just off the corner of my eye that bugs me sometimes. Agree, worst part were the headaches. Terrible.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Not a good time to pay a visit to the doctor / ER, hope you recover soon

Reaction score
Never had the Pockz...never had the shot...running on barrowed time ?
If you had Chicken Pox, the virus is still in you. It can come up as Shingles at any time, especially triggered by stress. I did not remember having Chicken Pox, but my doc did a test for the virus and it was present. She recommended I get the vaccine several years ago, but I ran into some insurance coverage issues and never pursued it. Bad choice on my part.

I really recommend not getting Shingles.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I've had it twice,both times on the chest/abs. No fun at all. I just got the first shot of vaccine and will get the second in December. I hope it's effective for me, every body is different.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry t0 hear that Chris. Yep, after watching my dad go through shingles, wife and I both have had the shot.
In his case, he dealt with the pain for over a year on his forehead, even after the visible affects was gone.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Sorry t0 hear that Chris. Yep, after watching my dad go through shingles, wife and I both have had the shot.
In his case, he dealt with the pain for over a year on his forehead, even after the visible affects was gone.
I don't know if i should like that reply or not...lol, hopefully That long effects will not be with me.