KKMoon 805 Image Flip

thetwc

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello
I have a new KKMoon 805 IP camera. i'm really happy with it, especially bearing in mind the cost.

Anyway, i have mounted it upside down for my purposes. I have gone through to the web interface and set the device up, and changes have been accepted. All except for the image flip!!

I change the option on the web UI and hit save. Nothing happens.
I have tried changing other parameters at the same time, and i've tried changing the flip only, but nothing.
I have googled http command to make the change but i can't find what to type.

Does anyone know how to change the image flip or rotation using a http url to the IP address?

thank you.

Mel!

n3wb
Reaction score
Enter your camera IP and try mirror=3 in this KKMoon 805 IPCamera Webviewer (You don't need to install VLC to use it to change the setting)

I have one, horribly buggy camera, pans and tilts at random if you try to use it with Onvif, although I think there may be a second version with different hardware.

Last edited:

thetwc

n3wb
Reaction score
Enter your camera IP and try mirror=3 in this KKMoon 805 IPCamera Webviewer (You don't need to install VLC to use it to change the setting)

I have one, horribly buggy camera, pans and tilts at random if you try to use it with Onvif, although I think there may be a second version with different hardware.
Brilliant, thank you. All flipped.
No issues with the PTZ just yet. Still working on getting the PTZ into the home automation system though. time for it to go wrong.

Mel!

n3wb
Reaction score
Brilliant, thank you. All flipped.
No issues with the PTZ just yet. Still working on getting the PTZ into the home automation system though. time for it to go wrong.
It is fine with its propriety P2P apps and recording to the micro SD card, it plays up when you try to use third party software (like ISPY, VLC etc) that connect to it using RTSP (/ONVIF), and there are plenty of reviews reporting the same issue. I believe the KKmoon brand belongs to Tomtop, although I bought mine on ebay.

thetwc

n3wb
Reaction score
It seems to be ok so, but i'm comparing it to 0.3megapix ancient foscam.
i'm still working out the motion detection system, and it's a shame that there's no ftp upload, just email. but £20...!!
After that, xml to enable PTZ from within the home automation hub. :) I like a challenge.

Mel!

n3wb
Reaction score
I never got the email alert for motion detection working on mine either, its smtp client doesn't appear to support current SSL so I was only ever able to get the likes of gmail to accept the test message, the motion alert messages with image attachments never got through, I tried setting up a mail server on my network but it stopped working with that after sending a few messages.

I did find an android app (p2pcam_hd) that could change/add FTP settings, but FTP still didn't appear to be active on mine.

If it wasn't for the buggy firmware, I'd be reasonably happy with it, for the money, the image quality is quite good providing the room is well lit, and I thought its IR night vision was surprisingly good.

The firmware on mine identifies itself in the web UI as:-

Hardware Version: JH41E-V1.0
Firmware Version: 10.8.79.8900 build 2015.06.09 02:51

and in ONVIF device manager as:-

Model: JH720E1
Hardware: TI-DM365
Firmware: V1.0.0.1 build 130531

thetwc

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you all for the help with this cam.

I've just noticed it's broadcasting wifi too all the time. I have it hardwired in.
Is there a way to disable the wifi broadcast?

Thank