Lag + other issue on Web UI3 question

nethfel

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all,

We are monitoring the cameras on our network via the web interface at our front desk - not all of them, just 4. We are running into two issues I'm not sure where the culprit is...

1) Lagging video - it plays smoothly but it's at about a 1.5 -2.5 second delay from what is actually occurring. As close as I can tell on the cameras themselves and probably about .5 or so seconds compared to the server itself (unfortunately, it's kind of not in a nice place where I can visually compare movement with what's on the screen (ie: it's in the server rack ;) )

2) After the UI has been running for a few days, it'll start throwing JSON errors along the right edge. I will get a pic next time it occurs. If I recall from last time I saw it, it was related to parsing the cameras. This was originally running through stunnel but I'm trying it bypassing stunnel (local lan only) to see if there was some added issue in the encryption process. Once the error pops up all I usually close the browser and relaunch it. It occurs in both chrome and firefox although quicker in FF.

I am currently on BI 4.8.6.1 x64 running as a service on Windows 10.
Unfortunately, when I put the system together here all we had available was an AMD CPU and GPU.
CPU: AMD Phenom II x6 1090T @ ~3.2GHz
GPU: Radeon HD3300
CPU usage usually sits between 22-27% on the server.
8gigs of ram
Recording: D-2-D
Overlays: off
UI3 is set to stream at 1080p.
Average FPS reported by UI3 is between 10 and 14.

Any thoughts?

In the past we have just let it record and never worried about it except for if something happened and we needed to look something up, but now with wanting to monitor it, this presents a new challenge :). A little latency is expected, but with the amount of latency right now, a person could be inside the building before the people at the front desk realize they are approaching...