laggy GUI

superfake123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm still getting a really laggy GUI on a few of my systems I believe because of having so many clips... would it be okay to change the combine clip length from 8 hours to like 24 hours???

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
A "laggy GUI." I take it your Blue Iris machine is running sluggish, or slow? It yes this can be the result of many issues, such as insufficient CPU, running too many cameras at too high a frame rate or even the accessing the BI server with certain remote access products. There are other issues which can contribute to sluggish performance which I'm certain the other fellas will be mentioning any minute. How about a better description of your problem which might help us offer some specific solutions?

superfake123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
this particular server is a 32 core Xeon. CPU stays at around 10% under max load. OS and programs and the DB run off an SSD, everything else goes to a 48 TB raid10 array. I believe the issue is because there are about 800,000 clips....

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
this particular server is a 32 core Xeon. CPU stays at around 10% under max load. OS and programs and the DB run off an SSD, everything else goes to a 48 TB raid10 array. I believe the issue is because there are about 800,000 clips....
That is very possible...use combine and cut to minimize the clip number..

superfake123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I previously had it at 8 hours and 4 gb and that wasn't enough apparently so gonna try 24 hours / 30 gb. I don't mind larger files on this particular system unless that will cause other BI issues?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I previously had it at 8 hours and 4 gb and that wasn't enough apparently so gonna try 24 hours / 30 gb. I don't mind larger files on this particular system unless that will cause other BI issues?
Not that im aware of...
Something is not right though, how can you have 800,000 clips if you have it set to 8hr/ 4gb.....even with 48tb raid...

superfake123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
yeah I don't get it either... it doesn't seem like it's combining them all correctly

superfake123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
what can cause there to be 30 clips for a single day for a camera that was set at 8 hr / 4 gb ??? maybe it's just bugged on this system :weird:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
what can cause there to be 30 clips for a single day for a camera that was set at 8 hr / 4 gb ??? maybe it's just bugged on this system :weird:
Are your clips exceeding 4gb? is your recording set to when triggered/continuous or "periodic and triggered"?

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you recording as AVI file type which is limited to 1GB per?