LAN IP keeps changing after some reboots or Win 10 updates

Illya_Kareoke

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've been noticing through the months of using BI and Windows 10 that sometimes when I am forced to boot on an OS update or just some maintenance reboots the LAN IP changes 3 digits. Later it will change back usually within a day or two but in the meantime I have to change my port forward in order to view from my Iphone. Always one addy or the other. Any suggestions?

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've been noticing through the months of using BI and Windows 10 that sometimes when I am forced to boot on an OS update or just some maintenance reboots the LAN IP changes 3 digits. Later it will change back usually within a day or two but in the meantime I have to change my port forward in order to view from my Iphone. Always one addy or the other. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Yes, simply set dhcp reservation in your router so the pc gets the same ip every time.
You should be doing this for your cameras as well. (unless you have set them static outside your dhcp range).

Illya_Kareoke

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, thanks Federman. I took a look and it looks like I set my PC and phone to the reservations that it's switching between. I'm hesitant to fiddle with it on a work night in case it goes south. I get kind of panicky if my system isn't up at bedtime. I'll play around with it this weekend.