Language mismatch error PTZ DS_2DE7172_A

Trejga

n3wb
Reaction score
Bought hikvision PTZ ip camera from Hong Kong, I can only use chinese version of Sadp to view cam on network. When I connect cam to NVR it says "language mismatch" my model DS_2DE7172_A, firmware: V5.3.0_150403. My nvr
Is DS-7716NI-E4/16P. Anyone got simple steps I can take to erect this problem. If I update english firmware will this work or will it cause it to "brick" kinds stuck! What version firmware would I need to fix this?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone got simple steps I can take to erect this problem.
There are no simple steps to convert a Chinese camera to EN/ML - it usually involves 'hacked to English' firmware.
Unless it's an R0 series camera, but more likely an R7 series if it's recently manufactured.
For R0 series - Unbrick and fully upgrade your R0 / DS-2CD2x32 IP cameras -
R0 / DS-2CD2x32 BrickfixV2 brick recovery and full upgrade tool - enhanced.

If I update english firmware will this work or will it cause it to "brick"
Very likely- that's the most common outcome.

Worth trying, though Hikvision do block this for Chinese cameras on the newer NVRs, is to connect the camera as an ONVIF device.

Also - though it does remove a lot of the useful functionality, worth trying is to connect the camera as an RTSP stream using the 'Custom Protocol' feature of that NVR.
The RTSP string would be /Streaming/Channels/101

Trejga

n3wb
Reaction score
There are no simple steps to convert a Chinese camera to EN/ML - it usually involves 'hacked to English' firmware.
Unless it's an R0 series camera, but more likely an R7 series if it's recently manufactured.
For R0 series - Unbrick and fully upgrade your R0 / DS-2CD2x32 IP cameras -
R0 / DS-2CD2x32 BrickfixV2 brick recovery and full upgrade tool - enhanced.

Very likely- that's the most common outcome.

Worth trying, though Hikvision do block this for Chinese cameras on the newer NVRs, is to connect the camera as an ONVIF device.

Also - though it does remove a lot of the useful functionality, worth trying is to connect the camera as an RTSP stream using the 'Custom Protocol' feature of that NVR.
The RTSP string would be /Streaming/Channels/101

Trejga

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank u for your assistance. I did try to connect the camera as an ONVIF device and to connect the camera as an RTSP stream using the 'Custom Protocol' feature of the NVR but failed! Built date for cam is 06/2015

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Check the ONVIF capabilities with ONVIF Device Manager.
The RTSP string is at the bottom of the live video page.

Trejga

n3wb
Reaction score
Opened up Onvif Device Manager and in device list was my cam but on the right hand side it says " the HTTP request is unauthorized with client authentication scheme 'anonymous'. The authentication header received from server was 'Digest qop="auth", realm="DS--2DE7172-A", nonce=4e5545304e54457a51305536597a4d304f475530". Not sure what is meant by this?

Trejga

n3wb
Reaction score
Opened up Onvif Device Manager and in device list was my cam but on the right hand side it says " the HTTP request is unauthorized with client authentication scheme 'anonymous'. The authentication header received from server was 'Digest qop="auth", realm="DS--2DE7172-A", nonce=4e5545304e54457a51305536597a4d304f475530". Not sure what is meant by this?

Trejga

n3wb
Reaction score
****Update**** tried Onvif Device Manager again and I was able to view camera (live video)
I can see the RTSP string is at the bottom of the live video page what do I do next? Thank u.

Mars Bar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all, this worked for my Chinese Hikvision PTZ but only issue now is ive lost any PTZ controls.
Any work around for this?