Latest firmware Dahua NVR5216-4ks2?

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Anyone know what the latest firmware for Dahua NVR5216-4ks2 is?

I got an update for my NVR4xxx-4ks2 that brought back .mp4 video save but I don't see that update for this version (current installed firmware is V4.001.0000003.2.R.201010 )...

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Best bet is to get it from the vendor you purchased it at.

I suspect too many people are purchasing a Chinese hacked English camera or NVR and trying to update with firmware from the Dahua website and brick the camera or NVR so they made a decision to no longer offer those on their website for many of their products. Perhaps they are also wanting to stop people from purchasing cheaper Lorex and Amcrest and then flashing with Dahua firmware to get functionality that was removed. Many sellers will let you know on their vendor site that you cannot update them, but many more do not. We get new posts here every week with someone saying they tried to update their camera and it bricked.

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Best bet is to get it from the vendor you purchased it at.

I suspect too many people are purchasing a Chinese hacked English camera or NVR and trying to update with firmware from the Dahua website and brick the camera or NVR so they made a decision to no longer offer those on their website for many of their products. Perhaps they are also wanting to stop people from purchasing cheaper Lorex and Amcrest and then flashing with Dahua firmware to get functionality that was removed. Many sellers will let you know on their vendor site that you cannot update them, but many more do not. We get new posts here every week with someone saying they tried to update their camera and it bricked.
Thank you for the reply. It is strange that the automatic update isn't showing any update either. I would assume if what you say is correct it would still be available through that...

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, the automatic updates if checked in the NVR would still occur...but what most see is that NVRs rarely get updates, so not surprising. None of the NVRs I had in the past ever got an update past the update I got when I first plugged it in.