latest software update increased cup usage

jdvaughn

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed their cpu usage increasing significantly with the latest BI update that was pushed out? The previous version was working great, but there was a direct step shift in cpu usage with this update.

Is there an easy way to rollback to the last version of BI?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed their cpu usage increasing significantly with the latest BI update that was pushed out? The previous version was working great, but there was a direct step shift in cpu usage with this update.

Is there an easy way to rollback to the last version of BI?
I havent seen that. You can easily roll back if you have an earlier update file. Simply run the update.

jdvaughn

n3wb
Reaction score
When I update it is always within the blue iris program itself. Where does it download the updates to before installing? A specific temp file of sorts or my general download folder? Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
When I update it is always within the blue iris program itself. Where does it download the updates to before installing? A specific temp file of sorts or my general download folder? Thanks.
what version were you on before? I think that file gets deleted after the update. That is why its always best to download and install it.

jdvaughn

n3wb
Reaction score
I believe it was 4.2.4.2 just before the release that came out in the last day or two.