Latest Sony Sensor List

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Interesting list of Sony Sensors.

What's really interested is the sensor everyone on here is gravitating towards, the IMX185LQJ is actually towards the bottom of the list suggesting it's quite old, and there are STARVIS sensors with 4K and 8.3mp specifications available.

Wonder why Dahua / HIK aren't using these?

Maybe saving them for future release cameras?

Products Image Sensor for Industry | Sony Semiconductor Solutions Corporation

The IMX334LQR certainly looks interesting especially as its 1/1.8" size, with STARVIS, 4K and 60fps.

TrumanHW

n3wb
Reaction score
Exactly - and if you add a Hi3559x to it it'll have an SoC that's affordable to combine with those pixels. :'(

I wouldn't count on Hik or Dahua giving a f about when we see this sort of stuff... but companies that have to let the prowess of the components to make the case for the supremacy, like off-brands will be doing just that.

cb8

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I would give them some more time. The IMX334 was just posted on Sony's website recently. Likely it's not even available in volume yet. It may make for an affordable alternative to the IMX294 that may actually be available in a varifocal turret since it's a 1/1.8" sensor :)

There's also the IMX385 which judging from the flyer might be an IMX185 replacement.

And last there's the IMX307/IMX327 with resolution and pixel size the same as the IMX291. It will be interesting to see what they have to offer.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I wonder how one can determine what chip is in a camera without taking it apart.

Is there a linux command line which would provide that info?

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks, I believe they re-located their web site recently.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Interesting site you found. The only one of real interest is the IMX294. However, given the sensor size, I imagine it will be high end products only.

Isn't the current sensor in the 4mp cameras favoured on here the 335? In which case, the 178 is the way forward but gains appears slight. Guess a lot will depend on time to market and cost plus daytime performance.