Latest "stable" release of BI?

TallPaul

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I know Bi supports "Critical and highly stable updates only" in the GUI, but my BI VM is isolated from internet so I manually install updates when needed, anyone know where there is a maintained list of the "stable" releases?

I am aware of the BI update list on the forum: Blue Iris Updates (32 bit) - Updates, there have been a lot of releases the last few weeks related to memory leaks, so I am looking for the last "stable" release to go upgrade to. I don't need the latest FTP or export queues and I can't risk a memory leak issue as my VM is well tuned to the memory needed, but usually upgrade twice a year for the Ui improvements etc so looking for latest "stable" version.

I can find no release notes on the BI site or Forum, checked there before posting.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The only reason to update BI is when they add a feature you want. Many are still running V4.

Whar version are you currently on?Depending on your last update, the majority of updates have been centered around adding AI, so if you aren't using it, you risk messing up a well running machine.

TallPaul

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Not that old a release, I updated in the summer - 5.5.8.2 which does have the initial support for the move towards a focus on SenseAI and away from Deepstack. My plan is to dabble with that in the near future, so I would usually look to be on the latest stable release before making a change with new feature.

It is running well, hence the question, I am much more interested in stable reliable operation than the latest bells and whistles.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am still running the most stable version prior to the switch to SenseAI. Nothing has been added that I need and my system is running well, so until they add something I want and I have time for when it goes haywire, I am holding still.

Yours being a VM adds another wrinkle, so I wouldn't update until you are ready to use SenseAI, but that is me.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Not that old a release, I updated in the summer - 5.5.8.2 which does have the initial support for the move towards a focus on SenseAI and away from Deepstack. My plan is to dabble with that in the near future, so I would usually look to be on the latest stable release before making a change with new feature.

It is running well, hence the question, I am much more interested in stable reliable operation than the latest bells and whistles.
5.6.4.2 is listed by the software as the latest stable version. There is a new release of senseAI 2.0 in beta. I would wait for it to be out of beta and an updated BI package a few weeks after that then do the update.

TallPaul

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
5.6.4.2 is listed by the software as the latest stable version. There is a new release of senseAI 2.0 in beta. I would wait for it to be out of beta and an updated BI package a few weeks after that then do the update.
Thanks, 5.6.4.2 looks like a good option then for now - been watching the senseAI 2.0 stuff as well.

I had hoped to have my nvidia jetson by now to play with AI more, only ordered 12 months ago!