Latest version crashes

TomF

n3wb
Reaction score
Latest version 5.2.8.0 crashes for me. Anyone else have the same issue. I rolled back to previous version and it works fine.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
No crash for me. If you would like to report the crash to the developer, you will need to collect more information (at the very least, the contents of the crash dump from Windows Event Viewer). See the "Troubleshooting and FAQ" section of the help file, right at the end of the help file around page 199. This section also describes how to delete / rename all the Blue Iris settings so that it will start fresh (to determine if the crash is caused by a particular camera or setting). That is useful information, mainly if you go to the additional effort of figuring out which camera or setting causes the crash.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Mine initially was fine after the update but then I enabled some of the options when reviewing clips and it then started to crash every time I’d view any clips. A restart for me fixed it and I think my issue might have been to do with have meta data enabled on older clips which obviously would have no meta data recorded.

kklee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

tward392

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@IAmATeaf Is "Test run video through motion detector" checked? That seems to be the only time I get crashing when viewing clips or alerts.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
For what its worth, in recent BI versions I've been able to crash the local console twice when opening a clip in the local console, but I can't reliably reproduce the crash.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
@IAmATeaf Is "Test run video through motion detector" checked? That seems to be the only time I get crashing when viewing clips or alerts.
Yes, I enabled that and metadata, then got a bit click happy and tried the same on older clips which is when the console would crash as soon as I attempted to view a clip. Bit of a catch 22 situation as I then couldn’t run a clip to disable the options.

In the end I restarted the PC which fixed it so I stopped messing around.

tward392

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It is hard to turn it back off, but what I was able to do was double click in the timeline to bring up a clip/alert and for some reason it didn't crash and I was able to uncheck the "test run..." option. Since I did that I haven't had a crash.