Latest version of SmartPSS 64 bit for Windows?

BSD2000

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there any chance a new, stable 64-bit version of SmartPSS is coming out soon with selectable hardware/software decoding? Why is it taking so long for Dahua to fix the issues for people who have 4K monitors and use Windows scaling? Right now, I'm stuck using 32-bit versions that have issues with the video stuttering and low frame rates on the live preview, but otherwise, work. The only 64-bit version that I could find supports hardware decoding, which all but eliminates the stuttering - but the bottom of the screen is cut off due to poor handling of Windows scaling - and it randomly crashes. The 32-bit versions are stable, but the streams stutter due to poor software decoding.

These issues need to be addressed:
• The hardware decoding option is desperately needed to eliminate stuttering
• Graphical issues when Windows scaling is used on a 4k monitor
• Reliability when running the program for long periods of time - 64-bit version crashes (DH_SMARTPSS-Win64_En_IS_V2.003.0000001.0.R.200330)

I love Dahua hardware - but when is Dahua going to get their act together and update SmartPSS?

PS: And no, it's not my PC - Intel 9900k, 32GB RAM, Nvidia 1070ti video card, latest drivers, all Windows 10 updates, blah, blah, blah...

Bob Lazar

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm looking for any 64-bit versions, I cannot find where the software is downloaded from.
For the life of me, I cannot remember where I originally downloaded my version. It occasionally crashes but it's not used often.
The dahuawiki website (Dahua Wiki) is blocked by my malware protection due to "Trojan".

The version I'm currently running is;
DH_SmartPSS_International_Win32_IS_V2.02.1.R.180619.exe

BSD2000

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, the 'latest' version (DH_SMARTPSS-Win64_En_IS_V2.003.0000001.0.R.200330) doesn't crash as much as previous 64-bit versions, but it still has graphical errors on 4K monitors (bottom edge cutoff) and problems streaming 4k cameras. It's pretty pathetic when XMEye has a better, faster, more stable Windows client than a big name company like Dahua.