Laview / Dahua(OEM) NVR

techip

n3wb
Reaction score
I am helping a friend with his Laview NVR. The internal POE switch board failed. I installed a 24-port POE switch to power the cameras. I assumed this Laview NVR was a Hikvision(OEM). The IP cameras included with this NVR appear to be Dahua cameras. What's really weird, all 9 IP cameras have the same IP address, yet the NVR is able to display each channel by MAC address. To my surprise, the WEB GUI was different. Is this a Dahua NVR?

LV-N5216D6E_front.jpgLV-N5216D6E_rear.jpg

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am helping a friend with his Laview NVR. The internal POE switch board failed. I installed a 24-port POE switch to power the cameras. I assumed this Laview NVR was a Hikvision(OEM). The IP cameras included with this NVR appear to be Dahua cameras. What's really weird, all 9 IP cameras have the same IP address, yet the NVR is able to display each channel by MAC address. To my surprise, the WEB GUI was different. Is this a Dahua NVR?

View attachment 64418View attachment 64419
HI techip,

LaView has multiple OEMs.

Hikvison, Dahua ( Saturn products ), and .. another RaySharp ( LaView OEMs Hikvision, Dahua, RaySharp )

So I would check the NVR model number and see if it is a "Saturn" line or another...

techip

n3wb
Reaction score
The Laview NVR model # is LV-N5216D6E. Yes I know Laview has a few OEM suppliers. I've mostly seen Hikvisions, this is the 1st Dahua. You give great advice on slick Matt :)