Laview LV-N9616D6E, LV-N9508Q8E, LV-N998932D6E, Lastest Firmware 4.40.015, GUI 4!

bsocko

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Here is the lastest working firmware that I have personally tested for LV-N9616D6E NVR. This can be used on LV-N9616D6E, LV-N9508Q8E, LV-N998932D6E.

You can install this directly from the upgrade link in the NVR, no need for a serial connection/TFTP method. No file type mismatch, it just works!

Build 160519 is the official La View build with their branding

This firmware below is not official La View Firmware, but from the Hikvision OEM support channel. LAview's support of their equipment after sale is very poor and I have done some digging for you. If you see ascii characters in the username after any upgrade it is a good idea to do a factory reset. As always use at your own risk.

Build 180912 is the last of the 3 series gui, stable release that Hikvision releases to their OEMS to modify. (There is no La View branding in this one.)

Build 200707 is the latest 4 series GUI build, you must install build 180912 before upgrading to this build. This is latest stable release from Hikvision for their oems. (There is no La View branding in this one.)

Please check my posts below for newer update I post.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
Can newer firmware like this be installed on the Laview LV-N5216D6E? I did try yours as posted but it wouldn't update. What needs to be done to use it? I was hoping to upgrade my firmware and LaView didn't post anything new for download since I purchased the system in late 2016.

aaron_cam

n3wb
Reaction score
My LV-N9616D6E had 3.4.8x from the factory. I upgraded to the 3.4.96 firmware which required me to create a new PIN pattern and password. When I then tried to login, the PIN would not work, however the password did work. I then upgraded to firmware 4.40.015 and now neither the PIN nor the password work. The usernames in the drop down are filled with strange characters. Any thoughts on what could be the problem? Have I been "had" here by some malicious firmware in the post above? Any help would be welcomed.

M@Dog

n3wb
Reaction score
My LV-N9616D6E had 3.4.8x from the factory. I upgraded to the 3.4.96 firmware which required me to create a new PIN pattern and password. When I then tried to login, the PIN would not work, however the password did work. I then upgraded to firmware 4.40.015 and now neither the PIN nor the password work. The usernames in the drop-down are filled with strange characters. Any thoughts on what could be the problem? Have I been "had" here by some malicious firmware in the post above? Any help would be welcomed.
Any chance you can do a factory default or reset? If not can you try reflashing with the older LaView Firmware?

bsocko

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My LV-N9616D6E had 3.4.8x from the factory. I upgraded to the 3.4.96 firmware which required me to create a new PIN pattern and password. When I then tried to login, the PIN would not work, however the password did work. I then upgraded to firmware 4.40.015 and now neither the PIN nor the password work. The usernames in the drop down are filled with strange characters. Any thoughts on what could be the problem? Have I been "had" here by some malicious firmware in the post above? Any help would be welcomed.
No malicious firmware, it's from an official channel. Download the Hikvision SADP tool to a computer and see if your username and password works that way then do a reset.

aaron_cam

n3wb
Reaction score
No malicious firmware, it's from an official channel. Download the Hikvision SADP tool to a computer and see if your username and password works that way then do a reset.
I will give it a shot. If that doesn't work, then I may try M@Dog's suggestion. Thank you for the quick reply. Remaining hopeful for an updated working NVR. That original firmware was pretty outdated.

aaron_cam

n3wb
Reaction score
Okay, so thought I'd give an update. I tried my password in the SADP tool but it wouldn't work. I ended up generating an xml key request file in the tool and sent to LaView and they sent me an xml reset file in return. Uploaded that in SADP and reset the password, however the password still would not work at the console. After rebooting the NVR, the newly created password no longer works in SADP. Something is really geeked with the user database I think. So, now I am trying to flash the NVR. I'm a little out of my wheelhouse here. I tried to flash using the Hikvision TFTP software and directly connecting a laptop with a crossover cable. The TFTP software shows the connection from the NVR and says transmitting but never finishes. One post indicated that their TFTP software is kind of buggy on anything but XP. Who still has XP? Anyway, now I'm really stepping out of my comfort zone and going to try spinning up a Linux system to see if I can figure out how to run a Python script to flash the system. Wish me luck because I'm gonna need it.

srturner

n3wb
Reaction score
Here is the lastest working firmware that I have personally tested for LV-N9616D6E NVR.

You can install this directly from the upgrade link in the NVR, no need for a serial connection/TFTP method. No file type mismatch, it just works!

Build 160519 is the official La View build with their branding

This firmware below is not official La View Firmware. Their support of their equipment after sale is very poor and I have done some digging for you. If you see ascii ch characters in the username after any upgrade it is a good idea to do a factory reset. As always use at your own risk.

Build 180912 is the last of the 3 series gui, stable release that Hikvision releases to their OEMS to modify. (There is no La View branding in this one.)

Build 200707 is the latest 4 series GUI build, you must install build 180912 before upgrading to this build. This is latest stable release from Hikvision for their oems. (There is no La View branding in this one.)
I just upgraded mine to version 4 and I love it - I like the ability to block IP addresses where I get hackers overseas trying to log into my system. Is there a Hikvision equivalent for the LA View LV-N9616D6E NVR?

Thanks for your help on this one - I have been searching for an update over a year and LA View has stopped making firmware upgrades due to the product being discontinued.

Reaction score
@bsocko Thank you for the time you spent researching to find an alternative firmware to install. (How come I don't see the exact firmware to download from the LT Security website? That is where it seems like the firmware is from.) I was really annoyed that LaView Security decided to never update the NVR I bought from them. The bad English in some places was also annoying.
I still have the LaView Connect app on my smartphone. Does anyone know a different app that can work with the NVR that is free? And a good application for the computer? (I am trying out iVMS client from Hikvision, but it is clunky.) Does anyone have a guide that shows how to access their NVR from outside their network? Or is it safer to not?
If I ever need to change out the hard drive in my NVR, what will happen to the firmware? Is it saved to the hard drive or is it a part of the NVR?

bsocko

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@bsocko Thank you for the time you spent researching to find an alternative firmware to install. (How come I don't see the exact firmware to download from the LT Security website? That is where it seems like the firmware is from.) I was really annoyed that LaView Security decided to never update the NVR I bought from them. The bad English in some places was also annoying.
I still have the LaView Connect app on my smartphone. Does anyone know a different app that can work with the NVR that is free? And a good application for the computer? (I am trying out iVMS client from Hikvision, but it is clunky.) Does anyone have a guide that shows how to access their NVR from outside their network? Or is it safer to not?
If I ever need to change out the hard drive in my NVR, what will happen to the firmware? Is it saved to the hard drive or is it a part of the NVR?
Get hik connect... You have to download it directly from hikvision and side load the APK as they are not in the Play store. You can put any size hard drive you want in that NVR and it will not affect the firmware I was running 12 terabyte purple in it till I went to a 64 channel hikvision.

Reaction score
Get hik connect... You have to download it directly from hikvision and side load the APK as they are not in the Play store. You can put any size hard drive you want in that NVR and it will not affect the firmware I was running 12 terabyte purple in it till I went to a 64 channel hikvision.
Thank you! The app looks good. It looks like LaView's app is just a simplified version of this app. I guess I am on my own for remote viewing outside my network.
till I went to a 64 channel hikvision.
So you bought another NVR? I guess everyone here is on their own for future firmware updates. :( Thanks!

bsocko

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you! The app looks good. It looks like LaView's app is just a simplified version of this app. I guess I am on my own for remote viewing outside my network.

So you bought another NVR? I guess everyone here is on their own for future firmware updates. :( Thanks!
You can setup hik connect with the barcode in platform access menu. I will post the latest firmware that's available when I get home.

JonDC

n3wb
Reaction score
Had been on v3.3.1 for the past few years without any security issues. Upgraded two days ago from their official FW site then hit with a barrage of malicious IPs pretty much across the globe (RUS, UKR, GER, ROM, USA, DEN, SWE)
A272A41A-2FCD-45A0-8A1A-23E6999FF5A1.jpeg6F3380E2-622D-479E-A0CC-28F7E5131693.jpeg8E621286-DF55-4603-9E01-9ADFAFA224E2.jpeg

bsocko

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Port scanning happens all the time. I'd you had 3.3.1 connected to the internet you miswell of had no password.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Upgraded two days ago from their official FW site then hit with a barrage of malicious IPs pretty much across the globe (RUS, UKR, GER, ROM, USA, DEN, SWE)
It sounds like either UPnP is inadvertently enabled on the NVR networking (and on your LAN router) or you have specifically set up port forwarding on your router.
Either way - the entire internet has access to the device, not good.

Check this out :

JonDC

n3wb
Reaction score
Port scanning happens all the time. I'd you had 3.3.1 connected to the internet you miswell of had no password.
Had 16-character alphanumeric/symbol password on admin & user account connected to internet since update to v3.3.1 in 2017. Once the update to 3.4.62, I altered passwords with same format, but still had this happen.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Had 16-character alphanumeric/symbol password on admin & user account connected to internet since update to v3.3.1 in 2017. Once the update to 3.4.62, I altered passwords with same format, but still had this happen.
Most vulnerabilities that are exploited in these embedded Linux devices are a result of flaws in the firmware design, and don't depend on logon password choices.

JonDC

n3wb
Reaction score
Pretty much why I was hoping LaView would release something to fix these but not going to happen.