LaView LV-PC902F2-W: wifi and color issues

Bboy486

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just recently purchased a Laview Cube Cam. I am able to access the camera via Ethernet but it will not take my SSID wifi because I have a ' in the name. The odd thing is this doesn't affect any of my other 30 wifi devices. So it will not connect to the wifi due to the name. So do I have to change the SSID NAME or else?

Also, the camera is black and white and not in color. I looked in the settings and don't see anything causing this. Additionally the quality is low res in blue Iris. I adjust it to be 1920x1080 but the quality keeps adjusting.

TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@Bboy486 Never tested a ' in the ssid..but it should be the same as hikvision.
This camera as well as its hikvision clones need more light to enter day mode than other cams...also make sure you didnt accidentally leave it in night mode (if you use the blue iris IR light icon you may accidentally leave it in night mode instead of auto)..You can use the blue iris event scheduler to force the camera into day mode during daytime hours (relative sunrise to sunset for accuracy)
You must be viewing the substream..what camera have you selected from the drop down?

Bboy486

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well they sent me a new firmware but no change. I don't have a Ethernet jack by where the camera is so no wifi is a deal breaker. Weird out of all my wifi devices this is the only one that gives me an issue. And apostrophe is acceptable is the standard.

I have the camera in auto. I am viewing the main stream.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What are you blue iris settings for the camera..something is off..it should be displaying 1080p...
No idea about the apostrophe but a quick google search turns up other devices with this issue.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Bad practice putting that character in your ssid string...I too am Googling lots of issues with it...best to change it bro. In addition, that "LaView" camera looks like it's really a rebranded Hikvision camera and I'd try configuring it as such.

Bboy486

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Honestly it has been 6 years and I never had an issue with any of my other devices. I have a workaround that seems to be working.