LaView NVR Integration with 3rd Party Software Question

motolz

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello All,
I am new to the ipCam talk forum and the IP cam world. I have the LaView 8 Channel LV-N9808C8E IP/NVR setup. All is good with access over internet, internal and external, as well as ddns. I can also view through the LaView NET app on my andriod.

My problem is that I cannot view with any 3rd party apps either on my Android or Windows10. I have tried both the Windows apps that are available on the LaView Site as well as iSpy, also, tinycam and other smart device apps...but I cannot get any to connect to my NVR. What gives? Is there something Proprietary in LaView that does not allow 3rd Party app access?

Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello All,
I am new to the ipCam talk forum and the IP cam world. I have the LaView 8 Channel LV-N9808C8E IP/NVR setup. All is good with access over internet, internal and external, as well as ddns. I can also view through the LaView NET app on my andriod.

My problem is that I cannot view with any 3rd party apps either on my Android or Windows10. I have tried both the Windows apps that are available on the LaView Site as well as iSpy, also, tinycam and other smart device apps...but I cannot get any to connect to my NVR. What gives? Is there something Proprietary in LaView that does not allow 3rd Party app access?

Thanks!
Welcome to the forum....it will work with third party apps, just note you will not have access to recorded video...you must have a setting wrong..post a screenshot of your tinycam settings...the port number will be different on third party apps...you wont be using the 8000 media port.

motolz

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the prompt response! I have attached a printscreen. My LaView cam LV-PB932F4 is not supported so I used Generic. Perhaps solving this will help with figuring out why I cannot use Window's application either. I can't get iSpy to work, and would like something that can access my NVR to playback recordings.tinycam1.png

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@motolz laview is rebranded hikvision...you should be connecting to the NVR not the cam itself...select a hikvision NVR from the dropdown.

ctcam

n3wb
Reaction score