Layout options in split screen?

davenaum

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All - is there any way to control the camera layout when running in splitscreen mode? It would be great to arrange the cameras so that they fill out the full screen space.

Thanks
Dave

IMG_0488.jpg

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
11” iPad Pro in this case
The layout will follow the server layout you have selected. In your case they would not fill the entire screen regardless unless the images were stretched thereby distorting them .

davenaum

n3wb
Reaction score
I've tried to do a layout on the server side that had an aspect ratio similar to above 3 (vertical) : 2 (horizontal) but didn't have any luck. It seems very much geared towards a "widescreen" type of aspect ratio. I'm not looking to stretch and distort the cameras, just rearrange them in a way that they fill out more of the full vertical space.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is this any help? ==>> WEB server display customisation

Also, on the BI server I was thinking you could experiment with 1 or more dummy cams that were just set to a black screen (Cam settings => Video=> Screen Capture => Blackness => Primary; overlays disabled.

You can even change "image format" of the dummy cams to a portrait (vertical) size, like 450 x 720, etc.

Put the dummy, black cams in the same group as what you're trying to display that currently you're having the issue with.

Last edited:

davenaum

n3wb
Reaction score
@TonyR thanks for the help! Creating a new group with a custom resolution worked perfectly. Luckily I didn't even need to create any dummy cams. BI does a nice job of creating a mosaic with all the cameras to fill out the window perfectly.