Leadtek C541 Issue

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am currently trying out BlueIris, and I am having an issue with a Leadtek C541 timing out after about 2 to 3 hours. Not sure if it is just a crappy camera, or something I have or have not done!
I have setup the camera on a brand new TpLink TL -sf008p POE Switch. Which then connects to Xfinity router/modem, than to server. All cables are Cat5e.
Server is set on its own static IP address, as well as the camera. I set port for camera to 8082.
To get the camera to reconnect to BlueIris, I have to power down the POE switch and power back up. I used supplied software for camera, and camera could not be seen. I checked ip address in router and it shows inactive.
I'm not sure if it is a setting issue in BlueIris or a camera issue.
Any help you folks could provide me would be much appreciated.
Thanks for reading.
Stu

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am currently trying out BlueIris, and I am having an issue with a Leadtek C541 timing out after about 2 to 3 hours. Not sure if it is just a crappy camera, or something I have or have not done!
I have setup the camera on a brand new TpLink TL -sf008p POE Switch. Which then connects to Xfinity router/modem, than to server. All cables are Cat5e.
Server is set on its own static IP address, as well as the camera. I set port for camera to 8082.
To get the camera to reconnect to BlueIris, I have to power down the POE switch and power back up. I used supplied software for camera, and camera could not be seen. I checked ip address in router and it shows inactive.
I'm not sure if it is a setting issue in BlueIris or a camera issue.
Any help you folks could provide me would be much appreciated.
Thanks for reading.
Stu
Welcome to the forum. If you cannot access the camera via browser then its a camera issue not blue iris.

Reaction score
Thank you Fenderman. I thought it was, but I figured I would ask, just in case I missed something. Contacting the manufacturer after I contact business I purchased camera from.

Reaction score
Update:::: I contacted manufacturer, and was getting ready to talk to a tech the next day via Skype. Me being curious, I went through all settings on camera and no go.
I figured I would do the factory default reset, and what would you know. The dang thing has been running like a champ. Not sure what was the deal, but its working.