Lechange 8 ch system signal flipping on 1 channel, poe switch

Reaction score
So i got a prewire done when my house was being built. The poe camera wires go to the basement where the network hub is. I placed a POE switch down there and my NVR upstairs. When i initialize cameras, i get 2 cameras rotating on one channel and no signal on the other two. I have no clue what I'm doing... any troubleshooting advice would be awesome!

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Model number of NVR
Model number of cameras.
Are the cameras ,poe and NVR on a seperate Ethernet . Or is it mixed with other home devices ?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So i got a prewire done when my house was being built. The poe camera wires go to the basement where the network hub is. I placed a POE switch down there and my NVR upstairs. When i initialize cameras, i get 2 cameras rotating on one channel and no signal on the other two. I have no clue what I'm doing... any troubleshooting advice would be awesome!
connect one camera at a time, and manually change the IP addresses so they don't overlap...

Reaction score
Nvr/system:NK88P042
Cameras, are on a dedicated poe switch but switch, nvr, other home devices are all on one ethernet.
Here is the rest of the specs. I dont see a model number for the cameras: Fry's Electronics |

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Another painfully stupid question. Change their IP addresses to what?
By default dahua cameras come with an ip of 192.168.1.108, i would guess lechange would act the same way, but i dont know. The issue you are describing would result if the cameras had the same ip address causing an ip address conflict. Each device on your network must have a unique ip. If the camera is set to static ip and set to .108, you need to change one to 109, 110, 111 and so on. This is of course assuming your router has not handed those ip address out to other devices via dhcp. You can use your routers dhcp reservation function to reserve the ip addresses for the cameras based on mac address. You may also set the cameras ip address outside of the dhcp range (not that it cannot exceed .254) There are several threads that discuss this.