Leftover folders?

toejam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've got bi setup to move files from the alerts to the storage folder after one day. Looking through the Alerts folder, there are folders from way back to 2017 that bi did not delete. It appears bi moved the files but did not delete the folders. Am I missing some setting that would fix this?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've got bi setup to move files from the alerts to the storage folder after one day. Looking through the Alerts folder, there are folders from way back to 2017 that bi did not delete. It appears bi moved the files but did not delete the folders. Am I missing some setting that would fix this?
Why do you have folders within folders?

toejam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The folders are date folders. ie: c:\bi\alerts\dahua12\20170927 would be a folder for 9-27-2017. The date folder is not being deleted once the files are moved.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The folders are date folders. ie: c:\bi\alerts\dahua12\20170927 would be a folder for 9-27-2017. The date folder is not being deleted once the files are moved.
Did you put the files in folders manually?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No, bi did that for me.
are you using auxilary folder to do this? something doesnt make sense, if you are using special parameters in the record tab to accomplish this it may be the reason...you dont need to mess with this...blue iris database keeps track of the dates and cameras...

toejam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The trigger setting is to create the following folder: &CAM\%Y%m%d\&CAM.%Y%m%d_%H%M%S
The %y%m%d folders are not being deleted after the files are moved.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The trigger setting is to create the following folder: &CAM\%Y%m%d\&CAM.%Y%m%d_%H%M%S
The %y%m%d folders are not being deleted after the files are moved.
im not surprised...its not a common way to do this...you would have to email support...There is no need to create separate folders like that...thats the entire point of a vms with a database that manages all this.

toejam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thx for the feedback, I'll send a note to bi support.