Legit HikVision sellers (Canada)

tastle

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I live on the east coast of Canada. I'm looking at purchasing some cameras, but I'd like to get the North American versions (not the patched ones like I had before, which I've had trouble updating) and for a reasonable price and keep whatever warranty they have on the camera.

Can someone point me at a trustworthy place that has fair pricing?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I live on the east coast of Canada. I'm looking at purchasing some cameras, but I'd like to get the North American versions (not the patched ones like I had before, which I've had trouble updating) and for a reasonable price and keep whatever warranty they have on the camera.

Can someone point me at a trustworthy place that has fair pricing?
International cameras are firmware updateable. You are confusing international cameras with hacked china region cameras whose firmware cannot be updated.

tastle

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
International cameras are firmware updateable. You are confusing international cameras with hacked china region cameras whose firmware cannot be updated.
Yes, sorry. I didn't articulate myself well. I want to find a list of vendors that don't sell hacked china region cameras :)

Spirch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, sorry. I didn't articulate myself well. I want to find a list of vendors that don't sell hacked china region cameras :)
i'm Canadian and sadly i never found a proper retailer, bhphoto is the one where i got 3 cameras so far.

(if you find one in Canada, let me know...)

Warptrooper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I too would like to know.

Andy sells some Hik but his prices are very high because each camera costs me min $25 duty on top (even the cheap 2431 cost me 25 duty each) not to mention the high price already because DHL.

Would be nice to find a local Canadian supplier.

mswain

n3wb
Reaction score

Warptrooper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You can try AarTech.
When I worked in the Nuclear Industry, had excellent support.

This is from there web site.
Aartech Canada is an official platinum partner for Hikvision products. All Hikvision products we sell are original name brand, not OEM, gray market or knock offs so you will get the full warranty and tech support you need.
We are a Hikvision Canada authorized seller partner

Don't bother it is OVER TWO TIMES the price compared to getting from Andy.

mswain

n3wb
Reaction score
Not familiar with Andy.

Aartech will price-match any authorized Canadian Vender.
Also, you can get a general contractor or a Corp discount.

I've bought a fair number of cameras and NVRs from AarTech and Alixpress.
I stopped buying from Alixpress because of shipping issues, vendors disappearing, and return issues.

In the nuclear industry, we used Avigilon and some Pelco. Avigilon server software is excellent but insanely expensive.
As of 2016 Aliviglon's PTZ cameras were not bad but struggled in low light.

Warptrooper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Not familiar with Andy.

Aartech will price-match any authorized Canadian Vender.
Also, you can get a general contractor or a Corp discount.

I've bought a fair number of cameras and NVRs from AarTech and Alixpress.
I stopped buying from Alixpress because of shipping issues, vendors disappearing, and return issues.

In the nuclear industry, we used Avigilon and some Pelco. Avigilon server software is excellent but insanely expensive.
As of 2016 Aliviglon's PTZ cameras were not bad but struggled in low light.

$418 inc taxes....

I bought same thing from Andy (empiretech, he's active here) and it cost me $200 cad shipped to Canada in few days. Original too, not some hacked version. Even upgraded firmware from Hiks website.

I could understand if it was $20 more but $218 more no way. I find most local sellers are too greedy.

mswain

n3wb
Reaction score
Looks like an amazing camera. Do you have link for Andy's site?

Warptrooper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Looks like an amazing camera. Do you have link for Andy's site?
Idk about amazing. It's ok for the price at 200 CAD. No mic and increase in pixels from 4MP is nice but nothing amazing. Like it still can't get face details or read plates at a distance (hindsight I'd have opted for higher focal length cam or a PTZ)

C$ 201.86 6%OFF | 2019 Latest New 8MP IPC-T2385G-I IR Fixed Lens Turret POE Network Camera IP67,Free DHL shipping

Spirch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
at B&H, all included you can have it for about 325$ CAD (dont forget, to see real price, you must have an account)

Annotation 2020-08-05 105902.png

mswain

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Warptrooper.
He has an excellent seller's rating.

Will consider this in the future.
I'm looking to upgrade my Swann(Hikvision) NVR

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Bought all my Hik and Dahua cameras that I upgraded recently from Andy (@EMPIRETECANDY) . All upgradeable, english firmware, etc. Great service/support, replies to emails at least daily, ships quickly, etc.

Also did away with my old Hikvision 7616 NVR and went with BlueIris. A bit of a learning curve for sure, but I wouldn't go back to the NVR. Also easier to mix and match cameras this way (e.g., Dahua and Hikvisions). Having owned both, not sure I will be buying many more Hikvisions though. I like the ColorVu's where you have some ambient light, but in most situations I prefer the Dahua's. They also have IMO much better firmware/tweakability.

Edit: I live in Toronto Canada btw. Decent cameras range from a budget Dahua at ~USD$80 to more mainstream Dahua (e.g. 5442 turrets) and Hiks (ColorVu Turrets) at around USD$140-170, including shipping.

mswain

n3wb
Reaction score
PBC, Thanks for the update.
Trying Blue Iris Demo for the last couple of days. The software looks good.
Blue Iris seems to be a bit of a computer resource hog. I'll keep tweaking.
Currently have 11 cameras connected CPU 10-12%, 4gig RAMs, GPU 43%.
My Desktop computer is AMD Threadripper 1950x, 64gig ram, Nvidia GTX 1080 TI.

Warptrooper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
PBC, Thanks for the update.
Trying Blue Iris Demo for the last couple of days. The software looks good.
Blue Iris seems to be a bit of a computer resource hog. I'll keep tweaking.
Currently have 11 cameras connected CPU 10-12%, 4gig RAMs, GPU 43%.
My Desktop computer is AMD Threadripper 1950x, 64gig ram, Nvidia GTX 1080 TI.
That's normal. Make sure direct to disk is turned on. And doesn't do quick sync so Intel will be more efficient.

tdb

n3wb
Reaction score
If you don't mind them being the unbranded ones, infinite cables in Markham sells hik cameras. I've swapped the firmware on all the ones I got from them to the OEM firmware with no issues.

Warptrooper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If you don't mind them being the unbranded ones, infinite cables in Markham sells hik cameras. I've swapped the firmware on all the ones I got from them to the OEM firmware with no issues.
I bought my 1000 foot box of cat5e from them!

Just me or this is a rebranded 2347 ?

tdb

n3wb
Reaction score
I bought my 1000 foot box of cat5e from them!

Just me or this is a rebranded 2347 ?
yup. They're white box so unbranded with no mention of hik. They lag a little behind, but it's nice to just go pickup a camera in stock and not have to wait.