Lense Fog on 2231RP-ZS

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
I have had my 2231RP-ZS cameras mounted for quite some time now, and one of them appears to be getting some rain on it, and now has some fogging going on. Is this something I should just leave alone and let dissipate on its own, or do I need to cover it up better? I thought It would be in a good enough place, but after some heavy rain recently its noticeable

I attached some pictures of before and after, and where its mounted

What are your thoughts?

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you talking about the top right corner in the 3rd pic? Looks like a water spot and/or a bit of glare?

Anytime it rains I get water spots but they tend to go away relatively quickly.

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Funnily enough right after posting it seems to have cleared up... I guess its no issue. They are IP67 so that should be a perfect location for them

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, with one taken at 9 in the morning and one at 1:30 in the afternoon, I think you’re just seeing sun glare

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Well, it was lens fog on the inside after all. We had some heavy rain and the camera got filled with water this time. I went out to wipe the lens and it was clean, all the water was on the other side

Wondering now if I should try and "fix" this camera or accept that it will keep happening and find the camera a new home

Its getting better and better as time goes on, I'm hoping we don't have any more rain

Attachments