Lessons: A video doorbell camera is not enough.. Do not open your door, Do have more cameras, Do re-enforce your door, Do have lethal force ..

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
1651945149364.png
1651945067064.png
1651945101187.png

1651945179227.png

1651945223528.png
1651945264812.png

1651945293844.png

1651945326232.png
1651945370875.png

1651945408718.png

and he comes back .. guess checked to see if anyone noticed the invaders ..

1651945455067.png

Ring .. still attempting to get a good ID facial image capture on moving suspects ..
1651945536750.png

Masks making it challenging .. thus you really want to get any car images they may have used .. so you do need cameras now to cover the street ..

1651945570814.png

1651945643300.png

Thanks @Natey2 for this video ..

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Unfortunately most will not look at their other cams and they could have been anywhere really and just back a property or two and waiting to see if the candy perp was there long enough to know someone was at the door.

Would they have busted in to this house had they not answered? Would someone be better off no not answer if they are not expecting company?

My camera announces that we don't answer the door if we are not expecting company, but we see you and are armed should you be up to no good...

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Probably could have covered that with 2 additional cameras + 2 on the outside wall at the end protecting a) the drive and cars, b) the viw the other way, the camera I'd put at the end of the passage looking back towards the house.

(The way I might have covered the passage with 2 cameras is one to the side of the door looking across the doorway and another at the end of the passage looking back. The one looking back to the house needs to be protected by being in the view of one of the crossed cameras protecting the approach to the house.

The 2 cameras onthe end are partiularly important as it's far too easy for someone to lie in wait at the end of the passage and ambush you as you come out either to car jack you or hold you at gunpoint and take you back into the house along with your keys to everything.

Reaction score
Stockton, A.K.A. Stock Town, a rough, rough ass town in the San Joaquin Valley between San Francisco and Sacramento which, in most cases, you only choose to live if you have to. One of my co-workers lives there, hour-and-a-half commute each way, IF there's no traffic. He's a victim of being priced out of the area and and is now one of the many "super-commuters" that make the daily trek to the outskirts just to be able to own a house. This particular event happened just a few months back and circulated on the local news outlets for a few days, but it's fairly common in many parts of California. The homeowner's biggest mistake was opening the door, IMHO, but the likely result would've been a door bust-down, at which point the only option is to lie in wait and then gun 'em all down as they're storming in, and that, I'm SURE, she wasn't prepared for. Me, I'm in a so-called "nice" neighborhood, and I don't answer for anybody I don't know, all these peddlers and solicitors these days can fuck off.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well, 1 cam is at least better than no cam.
And would more cams alone have prevented this crime?
I think the perps planned it and knew the occupant was a soft target.

We need much tougher punishment for these perps.. in some other countries, if the victim of the crime dies, the perp will be put to death. And I don't mean some BS lifetime of incarceration.
Q: And would more cams alone have prevented this crime?

A: Yes, if by the front door you have a small video screen showing the cameras covering the blind spots .. could have seen the attackers before they rounded the corner ..

Reaction score
Often times I'm working outside and these assholes will accost you in the front yard. Around here, it usually goes something like this: "Hi, we're in the neighborhood installing solar on your neighbor's house and wanted to know if you'd like to get in on the deals." Or, "Hi, we're in the neighborhood doing pest-control and thought you might be interested in one of our promotional deals." To this asshole, I replied "Oh really? Do you have something that keeps salesmen away?" He huffed with a smirk, says "uhhh yeah, well if you change your mind here's my card." I said "just set it on the fencepost there."

Sphinxicus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Q: And would more cams alone have prevented this crime?

A: Yes, if by the front door you have a small video screen showing the cameras covering the blind spots .. could have seen the attackers before they rounded the corner ..
Exactly this! I simply dont answer the door if im not expecting anyone. I check my cameras first using my phone to see if its anyone worth answering the door to (neighbour etc), if not they get ignored. I don't have time or the patience to listen to people trying to sell me stuff or pay into yet another charity.

perps are more and more bold these days but many (over here anyway) would be worried that they are being rude by not answering the door to a stranger. Not me, that door is the only thing between me and them and we dont have the law on our side should someone get injured by me while trying to rob my property.

It does mean that my house is labelled as "the camera house" by the local kids, but their folks come to me first if they have had something stolen from their cars...

Also to add - i cant believe how shite the images from that camera given the amount of light available. How they can get away with selling goods that blatently are not fit for their intended purpose is beyond me.

Reaction score
Natey2: We need much tougher punishment for these perps.. in some other countries, if the victim of the crime dies, the perp will be put to death. And I don't mean some BS lifetime of incarceration.

I am with you 1,000%!!!! Our crimes will not go down until our justice system is revamped in favor of the victims! I am at a point of wishing we would BRING OUT THE JUDGES! :cool:

1652178740885.png