Light post with cameras

pb11186

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey everyone. Just curious if anyone has a light post with cameras attached and mounted?

I am looking for make some sort of setup and would like to find the best cameras to use and prefer they be as discrete looking as possible. I will be designing a light/address post at the end of my driveway and want to had a camera or two. If someone has recommendations, or pics of their own setup i would enjoy hearing from you!

THANKS!!

Sent from my ASUS_Z01BDC using Tapatalk

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
A photo of YOUR light post would be a good place to start.;)

guykuo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Most of my PTZ's are mounted on lamp posts. Some are single camera setups, some double.
Painted to match surroundings, the cameras can blend in pretty well. Here is one of my double camera posts.

ptzs on lamp post.jpg

Last edited:

pb11186

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Wow. That looks pretty nice. I am basically seeking something just to set up on my property to monitor traffic in both directions. I was thinking a post would be sime and less likely to notice the cameras, but i am thinking i may have to figure another set up. Just not sure what type of camera would be best for this scenario. One that could get a nice clear image of licnece plates would be nice.
Most of my PTZ's are mounted on lamp posts. Some are single camera setups, some double.
Painted to match surroundings, the cameras can blend in pretty well. Here is one of my double camera posts.

View attachment 32589
Sent from my ASUS_Z01BDC using Tapatalk

guykuo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you do end up doing a post, don't forget that you lose two feet below ground and another foot of height for the hang down of a PTZ. Don't do like me and end up needing to extend the post. That's a two foot post extender at the top of my post. Post extenders cost double what a longer, original post does.

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
I think I posted this a few times already. This is a power pole that is in my front yard. I wasn't going for discrete, I just didn't want the cameras to stick out to much.

Attachments

bdjou

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm thinking of attaching a PTZ to a post adapter for a 3" post (see link below). I'll also need a 1/2" to 1-1/2" coupler and a dahua
DH-PFA110 mount adapter. I was wondering if anyone has done something similar.

Millennium Lighting Supplement

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Look at the License plate reader (LPR) in the forum.

I am also in the very early planning stages of rebuilding my brick mail box to include 4 cameras. Two to read license plates and to to record the cars.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
fwiw, I've found that the Huisun/Imporx/Whatever-they're-called-these-days Mini PTZ's are a simple press-fit onto a piece of 1-1/2" conduit joiner from HD:

46250251081_884a0b68ad_k.jpg

(the hose clamps, hot glue and extra wire are for a small 12v/3w heating pad under the cover to keep the cam de-iced for a winter-in-Chicago installation...)