Light Streaks

wxjoe

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Folks, I'm seeing light streaks at night from street lights, coach lights, car headlights and tail lights.

Anyone else have this issue with the Hikvision DS-2DE4A404IW-DE 4MP ? If so, how did you correct it ?

similar to this example
1582637659813.png

thanks,

wxjoe

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I recall seeing that at a Pink Floyd concert back in ‘75 but thought it was just the Colombian....

Is that a dash cam? I think it’s just refraction from glare through the window?
Its an example of what i see from the camera.. this is not the actual image taken from my camera, but an example of the streaks i'm seeing from light.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FYI - model appears to be this one

1582638139202.png

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I see that on some cameras after rain and wind sometimes, wipe it down with a wet cloth and it goes away.

Yes an actual image would help.

wxjoe

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I see that on some cameras after rain and wind sometimes, wipe it down with a wet cloth and it goes away.

Yes an actual image would help.
I will try cleaning the outside of the dome.. I have not opened the inside at all.

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Can this be an issue with all plastic dome cameras ?
I would say this... did you just install it and did you just notice it? I would recommend against any dome cameras for use outdoors and in dim conditions.

wxjoe

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I would say this... did you just install it and did you just notice it? I would recommend against any dome cameras for use outdoors and in dim conditions.
So is this consist with outdoor dome cameras ?

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
So is this consist with outdoor dome cameras ?
In my opinion, yes. It's just like lens flare on a SLR camera. but the light is reflecting off of the dome. There may be a combination of setting changes you can change to help make it better, but I am not familiar with what those would be. Turret cameras are a good choice for outdoors and low light condition due to the EXIR and no dome.

wxjoe

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
In my opinion, yes. It's just like lens flare on a SLR camera. but the light is reflecting off of the dome. There may be a combination of setting changes you can change to help make it better, but I am not familiar with what those would be.
If i may ask... what outdoor PTZ cameras are you using ?

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
those are not PTZ.. i have those as well... Great camera.
Sorry I just saw the PTZ part, my PTZ is a cheap generic chinese 20X IP POE that is said to be "netcat" or an "XM" (Xiongmaitech) type. Very similar to what is pictured in my avatar.

wxjoe

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sorry I just saw the PTZ part, my PTZ is a cheap generic chinese 20X IP POE that is said to be "netcat" or an "XM" (Xiongmaitech) type. Very similar to what is pictured in my avatar.
n/p Ah yes... very cool.. where do you have that mounted.. how many feet above ground ?