Lighting on Colorvu

timblaktu

n3wb
Reaction score
Can anyone that's used Hikvision Colorvu comment on any annoyance caused by the concentrated brightness of the "white light" emanating from them to improve their low or no light performance?

I'd be installing a few of these around the house in a relatively dense residential application (corner lot with neighboring houses 8-10 feet away on 2 sides, across the street on the other side.)

I realize these lights can be dimmed or disabled, but I wonder how dependent their reportedly excellent performance depends on these supplemental lights, and/or whether theyre worth the high pricetag for someone planning to disable the lights anyway.

Also I should note that there is a street light in the middle of a roundabout in the corner my house lies on, and this light partially illuminates 2 sides of my house.

On this page, I found this relevant product description/caveat:

These cameras feature a bright, white LED light which helps to provide excellent colour image at night. Please keep in mind that these LED lights are quite bright and remain switched on at low light levels until light levels increase. This may not be suitable for all users, especially those in close, residential areas.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I wonder how dependent their reportedly excellent performance depends on these supplemental lights
It doesn't - the low-light performance is measured under zero supplemental illumination conditions.

I realize these lights can be dimmed or disabled
And also can be configured to be triggered by event.

Also I should note that there is a street light in the middle of a roundabout in the corner my house lies on, and this light partially illuminates 2 sides of my house.
In which case you may be able to get a good enough colour image without the supplemental white light illumination.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Where can I find setting this setting you speak off?
Some info in these posts :