Limit Recording Period

miniteeg

n3wb
Reaction score
I am using continuous recording profile, how do I limit recording period to 30 days? I have gone on Play mode and figured out that I still have recordings for Aug 1st 2017 which is the date I have ever started the continuous recording, although I see the default setting in the pic attached is set to 14 days.

I need help please as my data is growing daily and eating up my storage.

2017-09-14 11.18.18 pm.jpg

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am using continuous recording profile, how do I limit recording period to 30 days? I have gone on Play mode and figured out that I still have recordings for Aug 1st 2017 which is the date I have ever started the continuous recording, although I see the default setting in the pic attached is set to 14 days.

I need help please as my data is growing daily and eating up my storage.

View attachment 21777
you have it set to move to stored folder in 14 days...its still there...
no point in limiting storage by days...you limit should be based on capacity...

miniteeg

n3wb
Reaction score
you have it set to move to stored folder in 14 days...its still there...
no point in limiting storage by days...you limit should be based on capacity...
It does not move anywhere...app is set to do recordings to a specific folder I set on the NAS and it does not move to anywhere....this folder just keeps growing....it is now 520GB. I need to limit it by days so I'm able to keep hold of incidents that might take time to be discovered.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It does not move anywhere...app is set to do recordings to a specific folder I set on the NAS and it does not move to anywhere....this folder just keeps growing....it is now 520GB. I need to limit it by days so I'm able to keep hold of incidents that might take time to be discovered.
you have it set to move to stored...
again, day limit is silly, you want to limit it by how much actual storage space you have available...

miniteeg

n3wb
Reaction score
you have it set to move to stored...
again, day limit is silly, you want to limit it by how much actual storage space you have available...
Stored is set as the folder the live recordings go to. Setting to storage does not make sense in my case. I have sent to support team but they are always too slow on response.

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-L29 using Tapatalk

srglassw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Stored is set as the folder the live recordings go to. Setting to storage does not make sense in my case. I have sent to support team but they are always too slow on response.
You say you have your recordings going to the STORED folder and the configuration in the attachment to your first message is moving the recordings from the STORED folder to the STORED folder after 14 days.

Why would you not just limit the clip age to 30 days if that is the time period you want to keep them for and then have them DELETE rather than MOVE to STORED?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

huh? have you read the help file? you are missing basic concepts...

miniteeg

n3wb
Reaction score
huh? have you read the help file? you are missing basic concepts...
I spoke to BI support. I was right and now I fixed it the way I want. Will see in due time.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I spoke to BI support. I was right and now I fixed it the way I want. Will see in due time.

You were right about what?...you didnt speak to support...you simply have things setup wrong because you failed to read the help file..

miniteeg

n3wb
Reaction score
You were right about what?...you didnt speak to support...you simply have things setup wrong because you failed to read the help file..
no I spoke to support over email...the settings for the new location were not applying cause on the recording settings on all cameras I have recordings set to stored location, which is on the NAS.