Line crossing sensitivity

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hampshire - South central Uk, right at the bottom
If any of you are using line crossing, how are you finding the sensitivity ?? i appreciate each location and circumstance is different

at present to try and eliminate headlight wash i am setting the nearest line to the road at 8, lines further back up to 25

just wondering if any of you are finding line sensitivity very sensitive ?

1advancing

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yeah it is very sensitive, trying to adjust it constantly to get good effect and reduce false-positive alerts.

memonics

n3wb
Reaction score
I used to utilize Line Crossing but, just as motion detection, too many false positives. Getting much better results with intrusion detection. I use the following settings
Threshold(s): 2 Sec
Sensitity: 30
Percentage: 1

fin301

n3wb
Reaction score
Also having a bit of a problem with my intrusion detection as it doesn't seem to work at all. Basic motion detection works fine. I have 1 zone enabled with the arming schedule set to 24/7 and linkage method set to trigger recording A1.

Threshold 0
Sensitivity 100
Percentage 1

Nothing happens when someone walks through one of the yellow lines. Basic motion detection works fine but tigers to much.

Do I need to do something with the storage recording schedule to get intrusion detection to work?

Sorry for hijacking the thread

memonics

n3wb
Reaction score
Are you setting up intrusion detection in the camera or the NVR? Once I had a similar problem, when by mistake I setup the intrusion detection in the camera instead of the NVR. Make sure you do it in the NVR first, then log in to the camera and confirm that all settings are copied from NVR to the camera.

fin301

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Memonics,

I don't currently have a NVR as I just use the internal SD card for now. The camera is the DS-2CD2142FWD-IS and its running firmware R6 5.4.1.

Can I ask what setting you have on your storage section?

Thanks,
Fin

fin301

n3wb
Reaction score
Outside cam 1.JPGCapture1.JPGCapture.JPG

Tried that out Defender thanks but the camera still wont trigger. You can see my setting in the screen shots. I can walk over the yellow lines but nothing seems to happen.

Hotelone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I know that you don't have the cam connected to an NVR but have you checked "Notify Surveillance Center" anyway and see what happens? Hikvision settings and their inter-relationships are mysterious at best.

fin301

n3wb
Reaction score
Capturet.JPG

Ok I think I may have got it to record a intruder detection . I went in to storage setting and changed it from motion to event for 24/7. I has now recorded few things but I will have to test it when I get a chance.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
If you tick 'Enable Rules' in Configuration | Local Configuration you will be able to see if the camera is detecting the intrusion.

*edit*
I see that you sorted it.
The 'Rules' also show on playback.