nanotek

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi
I want turn a small server to an NVR.
I want use linux (Ubuntu) as OS.
Has anyone done it ?
Which software do you use ?
I've found software but only for windows. But from windows 10 I don't like using it. Automatic update with automatic reboot made it unusable for long session without continuous monitoring/maintenance.

divx118

n3wb
Reaction score
Zoneminder seems to be one of the popular ones. ZoneMinder - Home I didn't use it myself, I know there are also some others around, but can't remember their names right now.

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi
I want turn a small server to an NVR.
I want use linux (Ubuntu) as OS.
Has anyone done it ?
Which software do you use ?
I've found software but only for windows. But from windows 10 I don't like using it. Automatic update with automatic reboot made it unusable for long session without continuous monitoring/maintenance.
You can disable updates.... start searching...zoneminder is crap...how much are you willing to pay?

nanotek

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't know how much VMS software cost..
Which commercial software there are on linux ?

nanotek

n3wb
Reaction score
Not sure about what you want to do but here is a link that may be useful:
I want create a good vendor independent NVR.
My surveillance system is a mix of Dahua, Hikvision and Axis for a total of 9 IP cam (2Mpx or 4 Mpx).
Now the NVR is an "old" hikvision 16 CH (4Mpx).
I'm planning to update some cam with starlight or darkfighter version with H265 to use less storage space.

Francisco73

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do you mean using a computer with Ubuntu instead of the old NVR? The link I posted may help you but I have not had time to test them myself.

Reaction score
Hi, new to the page. I was wondering if a solution was found (preferably free, or cheap lol) Im currently running a winows server with ivms storage server. Works ok but looking an all in one option, preferably Linux based. TIA

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, new to the page. I was wondering if a solution was found (preferably free, or cheap lol) Im currently running a winows server with ivms storage server. Works ok but looking an all in one option, preferably Linux based. TIA
Do you want free or good. Pick one.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score