Little girl chased by coyote in her front yard

Reaction score
"I live in a perfectly safe, upscale, golfing community."

Daughter gets eaten my coyote...... oops miscalculation there on the risk factors.

Oh man, that's pretty nutz.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks like it was just reflex-reacting to her running vs actually trying to get her. As soon as she stopped and turned, it stopped. Had she stomped her foot at first instead or ran at it, probably would have been the other way around. Not what you want to see with your kid out in the yard in any case.

Little kid took the experience pretty well though. lol

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like it was just reflex-reacting to her running vs actually trying to get her. As soon as she stopped and turned, it stopped. Had she stomped her foot at first instead or ran at it, probably would have been the other way around. Not what you want to see with your kid out in the yard in any case.

Little kid took the experience pretty well though. lol
Yeah, but you never know with animals. Most may run away, but not all of them. Rabid animals do not behave normally, and their bites can be fatal if not properly handled right away!

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
The little girl did well to turn and stand her ground else I’m sure it would have bitten her.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Perpetrator of the day, the Coyote
Coyote's response in court: "I was only trying to play..." :winktongue:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Nothing can beat a Safari Ride; imagine if dinosaurs were still roaming the Earth today? That child would have had only seconds. Parents sipping wine sitting on their sofa inside, sipping wine. watching their cameras record their child running outside --- something doesn't add up right

Oh, I think the Coyote just wanted to play! And I see Coyotes in the Southern Chicago Suburbs in broad daylight quite often. They like to sit on small hills overlooking a grassy area.