Live Preview Suddenly Freezing

BlueWave

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey guys, avid Blue Iris user here for the past 2 years or so. Currently running the latest update (5.0.5.8 x64) and suddenly I notice that the live view for all cameras (I have 17 IP cameras) is suddenly freezing after about 1 second. If i go to a specific camera, the picture updates then it freezes again. No error messages, No Alerts but happens on all cameras. My NVR where I get these streams from (My setup goes Camera > NVR > BlueIris) is not showing any lags which leads me to believe something during the last few updates made my setup go buggy. Or maybe there is a new setting that I need to review. I'm running a high-end desktop with a beefy CPU (i7-6900) & Video Card (GeForce GTX 1070) and it's not maxing out, nor has it ever, not even when the video freezes just something changed in the past few updates and the live preview freezes.

Any troubleshooting steps I should look into?

BlueWave

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well shoot me in the foot. After spending hours playing around with settings, researching drivers...etc I failed to notice the red pause icon in the top right of the screen that says "Pause Live" and as soon as I clicked that, everything worked great again, no freezing lol. Maybe this is a new feature automatically enabled? Either way, problem solved :)