Live view cameras from Q-See QS4816 DVR

g4m3r7ag

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm trying to add cameras that are connected to a Q-See QS4816 DVR. The mobile app from Q-See for that model has not been updated in years and has not been supported in the last few version of iOS. I am in the process of slowly replacing these cameras with some Dahua IP cams and using Blue Iris as an NVR.

The reason for adding the Q-See cameras is so they can be viewed live easily until they've all been replaced. The WebGUI for the DVR also uses a no longer supported plugin. I don't want to record the Q-See cameras via BI, just live view.

I've tried the various Q-see options in the drop down and none seem to work.

Config on the DVR
Webport:85
Media Port:9000

I know they have to be exposed somehow via rtsp as I can view them using the IPCamViewerPro app on iOS, it allows specifying Q-See model QS4816 when adding the camera. But this app is a pain to add multiple cameras on and use.

I've tried setting http://192.168.130.8:85 in BI with a media port of 9000 using the admin username and password for the DVR, with the main stream using variations of this "/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=01" that I found at this URL Connect to Q-see IP cameras

Any ideas?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Have you tried dropping the ":85" off the end of the URL in BI?
Also, subtype=1 is a substream, try "0"= for main stream.
Also, please post a screenshot of BI's cam config showing IP, ports, video paths, etc.

g4m3r7ag

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried dropping the :85 and that did not work either. Here is the config.

q-see.JPG

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How about :
  1. Insure a cam in plugged into BNC input # that coincides with the "camera" drop down.
  2. Remove all that in Video==> main stream ("cam/realmonitor...." etc.)
  3. Click on "find/inspect"
  4. If no joy, try again but instead use the first dropdown for Q-See and/or Q-See/Swann/Zmodo, then "find/inspect"

g4m3r7ag

n3wb
Reaction score
How about :
  1. Insure a cam in plugged into BNC input # that coincides with the "camera" drop down.
  2. Remove all that in Video==> main stream ("cam/realmonitor...." etc.)
  3. Click on "find/inspect"
  4. If no joy, try again but instead use the first dropdown for Q-See and/or Q-See/Swann/Zmodo, then "find/inspect"
I removed everything and pressed OK so it would save and then opened it back up to do the inspect. Below on the left you can see what the settings were before the inspect and on the right the inspect dialog. The only thing under the "RTSP port detected!" that is partially cut off is "done"

before inspect.JPG

After I choose close on the inspect dialog it changes the settings to what is shown below, however choosing OK still shows no signal on the live view.

after inspect.JPG

There is a camera on Channel/BNC 1 as I can view it with the IPCamViewerPro app on iOS. The configuration on that lets me set type to QS4716/4816, same IP, http port 85, media port 9000, user/pass and ch# 1. I would just use that app but it's a pain to manage and it's terrible at viewing multiple cameras at once, it constantly drops out. If I view just one camera it works. Which is why I was hoping to get everything in BlueIris until these can all be replaced.

g4m3r7ag

n3wb
Reaction score
Anybody? I still haven't gotten this working. I have a pending out of warranty support ticket in with Q-See to see if they can provide it but I don't have high hopes for an answer there.