Live view not available on iVMS-4200

GKL

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Okay this is VERY puzzling, last week I was able to successfully set up iVMS-4200 on my laptop, I can still see the live view on it, have access to set up motion detection, ect.

- but - today I downloaded iVMS-4200 on my other laptop computer I have hardwired to the router by Ethernet cable and while the iVMS-4200 software sees my camera and actually lists it as an online device on the "Device Management" page, on the "Main View" page where you should be able to see a live view there is no live view and the camera is not listed there.

I tried going back and forth between the 2 computers for over 2 hours trying to see what could be different in the settings as to why my laptop can get a live view but the Ethernet laptop can't.

Here is a screenshot of the user info page from my laptop that does get a live view -

ivms4200user.jpg

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Are both versions of iVMS 4200 the same
I ask this, as I down loaded the latest version once and could see all the cameras in the list and see them with alerts but no live view
I then got the cd and loaded what came with the nvr and it worked fine.
It had something to do with winpcap.
Or try making a new user name on the second laptop with full admin rights

GKL

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I ask this, as I down loaded the latest version once and could see all the cameras in the list and see them with alerts but no live view
Just checked, versions are identical. Version 2.6.2.7 build 20170826

Is the wincap something we should use or say no to ?

I'll have to research how to do full admin rights so I can try that.

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
I can not get that version to work last one that works for me is v2.4.6.17 build 20160517
Everything worked except any live view in the install it said I had the latest
Winpcap installed I think it’s used for packets on the network so yes it needs it.
This is why I’ve had a go at blue iris it’s heaps better than iVMS

GKL

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can not get that version to work last one that works for me is v2.4.6.17 build 20160517
Everything worked except any live view in the install it said I had the latest
Winpcap installed I think it’s used for packets on the network so yes it needs it.
This is why I’ve had a go at blue iris it’s heaps better than iVMS
Thanks, I did install wincap when it asked, I still need to research how and try that "full admin" rights (not sure if I had that or not on the Ethernet computer).

What puzzles me is that version works on this computer I'm typing on now, but that same version is not working on the other computer.

GKL

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I read elsewhere where one person had success by uninstalling and reinstalling iVMS-4200, so I tried that and made "some" progress.

Now at least my camera shows up in the list on the "Main View" page, and when you hover the cursor over the button (see pic below) it says "stop live view" but the view screen is blank.

ivms4200mv.jpg

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
I read elsewhere where one person had success by uninstalling and reinstalling iVMS-4200, so I tried that and made "some" progress.

Now at least my camera shows up in the list on the "Main View" page, and when you hover the cursor over the button (see pic below) it says "stop live view" but the view screen is blank.

View attachment 23775
exactly what i was getting and went back to the software that came with the nvr
i never researched why winpcap was playing up, it could be in the registry keys to on the op system try a lower version of the ivms first on the one that is not liking this version.

GKL

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
exactly what i was getting and went back to the software that came with the nvr
i never researched why winpcap was playing up, it could be in the registry keys to on the op system try a lower version of the ivms first on the one that is not liking this version.
Okay, thanks, that is an idea, an earlier version of iVMS-4200 might be the solution.

Perhaps the latest version works on my laptop since it has the latest version of windows 10, but the other laptop connected to the router is an older computer that I have to use an earlier version of windows 10 because the latest version wipes out my network adapter and I can't connect to the internet until I roll back to the previous version.

Also, I noticed there is a version of iVMS-4500 for windows pc (I use the mobile version of iVMS-4500 on my smartphone) what is the difference between the 4500 and the 4200, can you do the same things like set up motion detect with the 4500 like you can with the 4200 ? If so, maybe the 4500 for pc might work on that older computer.

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
I haven’t tried the 4500 for windows pc.
I use the 4500 HD on the iPad and that works flawlessly very happy with that
Version.
I have been playing with blue iris for the past few weeks it gives more freedom to select different cameras so the 3 Hikvision NVRs can stay with iVMS and the new starlight cameras I will play with throughout blue iris more stuff to learn about

GKL

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I haven’t tried the 4500 for windows pc.
I use the 4500 HD on the iPad and that works flawlessly very happy with that
Version.
I have been playing with blue iris for the past few weeks it gives more freedom to select different cameras so the 3 Hikvision NVRs can stay with iVMS and the new starlight cameras I will play with throughout blue iris more stuff to learn about
I was doing more research and it seems that there is not a version of iVMS-4500 made for windows pc, but you have to use an emulator to get the mobile version to work on a pc.

I've been busy today so I haven't yet tried an earlier version of iVMS-4200 but likely tomorrow, I'll see about posting to let you and anyone else know if it worked or not.

GKL

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was doing more research and it seems that there is not a version of iVMS-4500 made for windows pc, but you have to use an emulator to get the mobile version to work on a pc.

I've been busy today so I haven't yet tried an earlier version of iVMS-4200 but likely tomorrow, I'll see about posting to let you and anyone else know if it worked or not.
Seems I have another problem I thought I had fixed by now, the "windows update" keeps forcing the download and install of the latest version of windows, so far everything I tried to stop it doesn't seem to work, every time I use the "recovery" to go back to my previous version of windows within about a day it forces the update again, and again and again.

I wouldn't mind the latest version except that it wipes out my network adapter and nothing I tried fixed it except going back to the previous version of windows.

Under "recovery" it even states if the latest version gives you problems go back to the previous version, but why have that option if they won't let you keep the previous version but insist on forcing the latest version over and over after every time you go back to the previous version.

GKL

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I tried the download from that link but it could not find anything to "hide".

So I did more research and found this web page that says you can stop windows from updating drivers using "ExcludeWUDriversInQualityUpdate"

so hopefully IF windows forces an update to the latest version of windows 10 yet again it won't wipe out my network adapter.

https://www.howtogeek.com/302595/how-to-stop-windows-10-from-automatically-updating-hardware-drivers/

I hope something works as I am getting very tired of using the recovery option EVERY day to keep restoring my previous version of windows so I can have my internet connection back again.

Mcall1

n3wb
Reaction score
Okay this is VERY puzzling, last week I was able to successfully set up iVMS-4200 on my laptop, I can still see the live view on it, have access to set up motion detection, ect.

- but - today I downloaded iVMS-4200 on my other laptop computer I have hardwired to the router by Ethernet cable and while the iVMS-4200 software sees my camera and actually lists it as an online device on the "Device Management" page, on the "Main View" page where you should be able to see a live view there is no live view and the camera is not listed there.

I tried going back and forth between the 2 computers for over 2 hours trying to see what could be different in the settings as to why my laptop can get a live view but the Ethernet laptop can't.

Here is a screenshot of the user info page from my laptop that does get a live view -

View attachment 23766
PROBLEM CAN BE FIXED BY TURNING OFF ENCRYPTION OF VIDEO AND PHOTOS IN THE HIKCONNECT APP

mfrater

n3wb
Reaction score
Go into device management, click on Group, make a new group and put your camera in it
that worked for me
That worked for me too. Make a new group and click on Encoding Channels.Your live cameras should show up in the list. Tick the tick box. Then go back to Main view and your New Group should show up there with your Camera in it. I'm using iVMS-4200 Version 3.1.1.11 build 20190930