Live View Quality Poor?

yrrkoon

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone know why the live view quality is so poor in the web browser (see example below)?

Changing the stream type between 1 and 2 at the bottom seems to do nothing. In configuration under video/audio I have two stream types - main and sub. I notice that my main stream is set rather high at 2688x1520, variable bitrate, highest video quality, 20fps, 8192 max bitrate, h.264 video encoding, h.264+ off, profile main profile, 20 i frame interval, svc off. But this isn't what i see in the live view..

To my eye it seems like it's just always showing the sub stream which is set to resolution 352x240, bitrate variable, video quality highest, frame rate 12fps, max bitrate 4096, video encoding MJPEG, i frame interval 50.

This is on a 2CD2142FWD which is upgraded to the latest firmware (5.4.5 build 170124).

basti76nie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Maybe you have to reset the camera to factory settings!

yrrkoon

n3wb
Reaction score
Or clear your browser cache, de-install the Hikvision plugin, and then re-install the Hikvision plugin.
Hikvision plugin? I don't recall installing one although it's been a while I suppose.. nothing shows under the windows 10 add or remove programs dialog although I admit that I could just be missing it. Is it the SADPTool by hikvision?

C0m4

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Set 12 fps and 4096 bitrate

Sent from my SM-A720F using Tapatalk

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you tried the live feed from say ivms or blue iris straight from your network just to compare to the web browser

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Hikvision plugin? I don't recall installing one although it's been a while I suppose.. nothing shows under the windows 10 add or remove programs dialog although I admit that I could just be missing it. Is it the SADPTool by hikvision?
In IE11 settings use 'Manage add-ons' to see the installed and loaded and enabled plugins.
Current version is 3.0.6.8
If it wasn't available and loaded, though, you'd be getting a complaint when you accessed Live View.

Reaction score
In IE11 settings use 'Manage add-ons' to see the installed and loaded and enabled plugins.
Current version is 3.0.6.8
If it wasn't available and loaded, though, you'd be getting a complaint when you accessed Live View.
Thanks, Alastair. :) I suspect there is some settings data cached/sticking with the current version of the add-on. De-installing and re-installing the add-on should clear that condition, if it exists.