Live Viewing Only Help

RJPSR

n3wb
Reaction score
Great site that helped me pick my home set up and the for my church That said...

I record using NVR but when setting up a computer to try and view 32 live cameras to monitor parking lots, doors etc. At home iSpy works fine with my few cameras, but at church I keep getting lag. I am going to switch to Blue Iris and try it this weekend - unless someone has a better recommendation. I'm running the following:

23 indoor: Hikvision NSC-214-DM 4MP WDR Fixed Dome IP Security Camera 2.8mm
9 outdoor: Hikvision NSC-2X4-BT 4MP EXIR IP Bullet Security Camera 4mm

I'm going to buy a new PC as the existing one runs our older AXIS cameras and software/recording and it is 5+ years old.

My question: What is a good software and hardware option for a PC for live view only of 32 cameras - plus possible growth of a few more? I have two 50" TV's - would like one to be the live view of the outside cameras and the other to be the live view of inside cameras. For live viewing, would it be better to buy and add video card(s)?

Thank you,

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Great site that helped me pick my home set up and the for my church That said...

I record using NVR but when setting up a computer to try and view 32 live cameras to monitor parking lots, doors etc. At home iSpy works fine with my few cameras, but at church I keep getting lag. I am going to switch to Blue Iris and try it this weekend - unless someone has a better recommendation. I'm running the following:

23 indoor: Hikvision NSC-214-DM 4MP WDR Fixed Dome IP Security Camera 2.8mm
9 outdoor: Hikvision NSC-2X4-BT 4MP EXIR IP Bullet Security Camera 4mm

I'm going to buy a new PC as the existing one runs our older AXIS cameras and software/recording and it is 5+ years old.

My question: What is a good software and hardware option for a PC for live view only of 32 cameras - plus possible growth of a few more? I have two 50" TV's - would like one to be the live view of the outside cameras and the other to be the live view of inside cameras. For live viewing, would it be better to buy and add video card(s)?

Thank you,
first question is what is your budget?

RJPSR

n3wb
Reaction score
first question is what is your budget?
I haven't been given a number, but reasonably priced PC (not a server) would probably be approved. I need to go to them with a number to make the request but don't think it would be rejected as long as it is in the neighborhood of $1,500.00 US. Thank you for the quick reply!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't been given a number, but reasonably priced PC (not a server) would probably be approved. I need to go to them with a number to make the request but don't think it would be rejected as long as it is in the neighborhood of $1,500.00 US. Thank you for the quick reply!
buy an i7-8700k eighth generation intel based system.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Should I also buy separate video cards - one for each TV?
no - you want to use intel hd..in certain situations it is helpful to have a card, you can always add it later if you need it...it wont be easy to split the display the way you want to...you can manually do this by dragging the cameras to the second screen but i think you will have to do it over again each time you reboot...

RJPSR

n3wb
Reaction score
no - you want to use intel hd..in certain situations it is helpful to have a card, you can always add it later if you need it...it wont be easy to split the display the way you want to...you can manually do this by dragging the cameras to the second screen but i think you will have to do it over again each time you reboot...
Thanks fenderman! I assume Blue Iris is really good? From what I've been reading here it looks like that is the way to go.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks fenderman! I assume Blue Iris is really good? From what I've been reading here it looks like that is the way to go.
There is better Enterprise software out there but you will pay 50-150 per camera in licensing...