LNB8005 VS LNB8105

Night-Owl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello

I bought a Costco kit that contains Lorex LNB8005 cameras last year. Today i noticed Costco now has another kit which looks like the same nvr but newer cameras with talk back being lnb8105x. Has anyone bought these cameras or any comments as to if they are better than the Lnb8005's. Apart from the 2 way conversation facility. I note due to design the camera lead can be seen and cannot be routed through the bracket, which is a shame as i dont like seeing wires. But i am still interested :).

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello

I bought a Costco kit that contains Lorex LNB8005 cameras last year. Today i noticed Costco now has another kit which looks like the same nvr but newer cameras with talk back being lnb8105x. Has anyone bought these cameras or any comments as to if they are better than the Lnb8005's. Apart from the 2 way conversation facility. I note due to design the camera lead can be seen and cannot be routed through the bracket, which is a shame as i dont like seeing wires. But i am still interested :).
Hi @Night-Owl

There's been a discussion here on IPCT about the Dahua OEM version of that camera as well as both the Lorex versions of the cameras.

IPC-HFW1831C-PIR 8MP WDR IR Mini Bullet Network Camera / Active Deterrence

Lorex LNB8105X Talk audio

Night-Owl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thank you mat200

I note 2.8 vs 4mm lense. All my footage is required at as long distance as viable, so the 4mm lense in the lnb8005's. seems the best bet still if i understand the principles correctly. I also noted on the packaging they said 30fps at 5mp on the lnb8105's, i can only get 25fps out of the lnb8005's and they can struggle with motion in low light despite me tampering with settings. Simply slow down too much in low light to handle motion well. I already have a porch light and street lighting which is why i was wondering if the lnb8105's had improved in this sence as this is the main negative issue i have had.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you mat200

I note 2.8 vs 4mm lense. All my footage is required at as long distance as viable, so the 4mm lense in the lnb8005's. seems the best bet still if i understand the principles correctly. I also noted on the packaging they said 30fps at 5mp on the lnb8105's, i can only get 25fps out of the lnb8005's and they can struggle with motion in low light despite me tampering with settings. Simply slow down too much in low light to handle motion well. I already have a porch light and street lighting which is why i was wondering if the lnb8105's had improved in this sence as this is the main negative issue i have had.
Hi @Night-Owl

Don't worry about fps so much, 15 fps works well for most of our use case situations.

See the various tuning threads / discussions here on low light conditions. With some adjustments you can improve the low light image captures.

You may want to augment your kit with a couple of 2MP Dahua OEM starlight models - they are currently the best options for low light cameras most of us are willing to pay for.

Night-Owl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi Mat

Yes, i have a Dahua ipc-hfw5231e-z5 out the back, it is very good. Well apart from spontaneously misting up every few months and requiring a blow dry and another silica gel pack to sort it out.

But still reconmended as i may just have had bad luck with the condensation.