Location advice, and model to choose!

Peachs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Color orange: Height 0
Color Green: Height 1
Color Blue: Height 2

RED: I have pre-installed UTP cable to put a new camera. Best location 1 or 2? Right (main entrance and road), down (garden and road), left and up (unbuilt surface, possibly neighbors soon).

Dahua in the green area below, PTZ, covers the garden. Maybe now a camera with wide angle?

Reaction score
In the included photo, I only see orange and green spots. No blue or red.

Really do not understand your question. What are you trying to achieve? What are the distances? Are you looking to ID faces?

Peachs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In the included photo, I only see orange and green spots. No blue or red.

Really do not understand your question. What are you trying to achieve? What are the distances? Are you looking to ID faces?
I don't need to identify faces, but having a high wall, it is interesting to have a view from height, for example to identify a car. I think position 2 on the highest deck is the best option, I had thought about this camera:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I like it but there is no stock of this model in Europe, and importing it from China is risky because of customs. Alternatives?
iirc Andy has a number of EU customers .. so he should know how to best get the product to you.

Peachs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY supplies people all over the world without problem.

Purchase from his AliExpress store and you will be fine
Email Andy, and ask, he can work wonders on shipping. He ships to Europe all the time.
iirc Andy has a number of EU customers .. so he should know how to best get the product to you.
I just wrote to the seller on Aliexpress, thank you. To learn, what are the most important differences compared to the model I indicated? Only the size of the sensor? I lose antivandalic housing, ptz,....

Reaction score
To learn, what are the most important differences compared to the model I indicated? Only the size of the sensor? I lose antivandalic housing, ptz,....
Comparing the 5442 turrets to the SD22404T-GN, the 22404 is a PTZ 4MP on a 1/3" sensor. That is a small sensor, especially for a 4MP cam. Low light quality will suffer. It has no IR so outdoor nighttime will be very bad. The lens size is a 2.7-11 mm, which is only a 4x optical zoom. This is about the same focal variation as the 5442 varifocal, which is a 2.7-12mm. But the 5442 is not a PTZ but is a varifocal. This means that you find the best FOV for your situation, set the lens and leave it there.

The 22404 is also a dome style cam and has some shortcomings for outdoor use, compared to a turret or a bullet. Such as being more susceptible to water spots and dirt clouding up the view. Also the dome tends to yellow over time due to UV radiation. This cam does not have all of the more modern AI options that the 5442 cams have.

Peachs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Comparing the 5442 turrets to the SD22404T-GN, the 22404 is a PTZ 4MP on a 1/3" sensor. That is a small sensor, especially for a 4MP cam. Low light quality will suffer. It has no IR so outdoor nighttime will be very bad. The lens size is a 2.7-11 mm, which is only a 4x optical zoom. This is about the same focal variation as the 5442 varifocal, which is a 2.7-12mm. But the 5442 is not a PTZ but is a varifocal. This means that you find the best FOV for your situation, set the lens and leave it there.

The 22404 is also a dome style cam and has some shortcomings for outdoor use, compared to a turret or a bullet. Such as being more susceptible to water spots and dirt clouding up the view. Also the dome tends to yellow over time due to UV radiation. This cam does not have all of the more modern AI options that the 5442 cams have.
Thanks!

IPC-HDW5442TM-ASE

Is it the same?
I have seen it for sale for $140

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes that is the camera BUT if you do not purchase it from the vendor we said, you run the risk of it being a fake. Purchasing it from reputable seller is key.

Many units being sold are Chinese hacked units into English that will either brick or go into Chinese upon updating. Some vendors will be upfront and tell consumers that as part of their website, but many do not or the consumer forgets...here is one such example....

1666892544039.png

Peachs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes that is the camera BUT if you do not purchase it from the vendor we said, you run the risk of it being a fake. Purchasing it from reputable seller is key.

Many units being sold are Chinese hacked units into English that will either brick or go into Chinese upon updating. Some vendors will be upfront and tell consumers that as part of their website, but many do not or the consumer forgets...here is one such example....

1666892544039.png
I already bought another one like it, and it is perfect. The seller is reliable. I think it has some function less but the sensor is the same.

Reaction score
IPC-HDW5442TM-ASE

Is it the same?
I have seen it for sale for $140
No that is not the same camera. That is the fixed focal length version of 2.8, 3.6 or 6mm. You purchase which focal length you want. The one I was talking about is the varifocal version, which is a little more expensive.

I would not buy from the vendor that you listed above. It probably does not have the proper firmware that can be upgraded.

Purchase from @EMPIRETECANDY as has been recommended to you already. If you are not going to take our recommendations, then why are you here?

Empire Technology Co., Ltd - Amazing prodcuts with exclusive discounts on AliExpress