Locked down viewing options

ClarityAVS

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
We used to use analog in one of our offices to view the front and back doors of a building. We have since switched to all IP and would like to continue to do so. The options we have for this monitor would be, a PC stick running iVMS, a laptop with HDMI cable ran through conduit to the TV from the server room above, or someone has mentioned BI on a firestick or roku, etc. I need it to be locked down so that no one can mess around with it as the employees can be quite childish to say the least.

Any good options?

I tried a linux distro of Porteus Kiosk but I can't use that since web browser require the add on's to work with the web GUI.

ClarityAVS

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Reaction score
Why not just setup a basic user with no rights and use a web browser to view the BI server remote access viewing? It can show the cameras, or just groups of cameras etc. You can even turn off the ablitiy of them to see the clips, just live view.

ClarityAVS

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nicholas,
How are you recommending running BI? On what type of device? What I usually do is just use an old laptop to run straight to the monitor via HDMI and put only iVMS on the laptop locked down to a local user that can only view the cameras I want. This is pretty good but in this situation the monitor is mounted off the ceiling and i didn't want to string an hdmi cable to the nearest desk with a laptop. I have conduit running to the monitor with ethernet ran to is, so a pc stick is an option but those are typically garbage. May end up putting a laptop in the MCC room above it where my switch is at, run HDMI over Ethernet to the monitor and doing the iVMS set up. I've yet to really get BI to work with our system...

I try to add a camera with the LAN ip of the NVR but it'll only add the first camera on my NVR. I try this multiple times selecting the next number and it still does the same thing.

Reaction score
I thought you just wanted to monitor it, (that BI was on server somewhere else). Sorry if I misunderstood.

usaf_pride

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks for that usaf_pride.
I will test this on a r-pi this weekend to see how it works out. I am open to other recommendations too if anyone has any.
Let me know how it works. I haven't been motivated enough to try it yet.