Locked out of setup

dupont241

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry if this is covered somewhere else, I'm new and looked around but couldn't find the answer.

I changed a setting (maybe running as service I can't remember) and now I am locked out of all my settings.
I am running under an admin. windows 7 user.
It ask me for user name and password when starting Blue iris.
I have tried right clicking and choosing run as admin on the blue iris 4.exe file.
but nothing seems to work.
Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks Bill

dupont241

n3wb
Reaction score
None of my windows users will work, only the users I have set up in Blue Iris will let me into the program. my blue iris user is setup to make all changes, but when I get into the program the main options tap at the top left and the camera properties are gray out and will not allow access.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I really have no idea what you could have done to make Blue Iris prompt you for login to access the local UI. None of the options I can find look like they would do that, and I've never had it happen to me before.

Is it possible that none of your BI users have administrator rights? You can change their status by editing the registry.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Perspective Software > Blue Iris > server > users > username > admin

Set the value of admin to 1 to make the user an admin.

I would recommend doing this with blueiris.exe not running, just to make sure it takes effect.

SFett

n3wb
Reaction score
I too am having the same issue. Changing the admin value in the registry did not help I also used Base64 Decode and Encode - Online to decode my passwords and I am using the correct passwords. Blue Iris Console will not run after entering any password. I can view my CAMs over LAN fine though.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@dupont241 @SFett @bp2008
I think I figured it out..
If you uncheck require run as administrator in blue iris options>startup then try to run the software using the standard blueiris.exe file you will be prompted for a password..you need to enter a BI user and password. If you only have the default admin account with no password set it will tell you.
What you need to do is launch the program using blueirisadmin.exe found in the BI program folder.